Best of the minis!

bladeraven

Emeraldgirl said:
I have the mini Visconti but I don't like it. I saw someone mention a gold edition before that would be nice but mine has no gold on it and it's kinda bland and unappealing compared to the full sized gold edition I have. I have a huge handbag that can fir 2 full sized decks in it and all the usual handbag junk so I am not a big packing light person. I do think though that a mini RWS would be good to have...................................................................

ooo..I just saw the mini visconti on tarot garden http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=Visconti+Tarot+-+Miniature+Edition+%28Lo+Scarabeo%29&pageenter=0..it's very cute..what is it about it that you don't like?

Emeraldgirl

It's not Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the big one and it's so pretty with it's gold shiney backgrounds but the mini version I have has plain matte backgrounds. It's not as pretty IMHO. But then I like nice gold shiney things :D

Sophie

Emeraldgirl said:
It's not Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the big one and it's so pretty with it's gold shiney backgrounds but the mini version I have has plain matte backgrounds. It's not as pretty IMHO. But then I like nice gold shiney things :D
LOL :)

Great ideas, everyone! Just ordered a mini visconti (I don't mind about things being gold ;)) from Alidastore. I'll look around here to see what they have. I know I've seen a mini Grimaud before - not sure about the CamoinJodo. But I'll see what else they have. I had no idea there were so many!

bladeraven

Helvetica said:
LOL :)

Great ideas, everyone! Just ordered a mini visconti (I don't mind about things being gold ;)) from Alidastore. I'll look around here to see what they have. I know I've seen a mini Grimaud before - not sure about the CamoinJodo. But I'll see what else they have. I had no idea there were so many!

Keep us posted what you think....

Heheheh Emerald you sound like me...it has to be nice and shiny...it's the "Raven" in me.

Cerulean

Mini Rider Waite decks...

U.S. Games has a mini Rider Waite and I saw the old fashioned font...I have to go back to see if the small bookstore still has it. Don't know what the coloring will be...

I bought a mini Universal (DeAngelis) and mini New Vision (Vice-Versa) from Lo Scarabeo through tarotgarden.com.

Thanks for the heads up about the Mermaid, that would be a cute deck in small size. The images, if I remember, were beautiful and in my favorite seaside colors.

Since my favorite deck at the moment is the Walter Crane-style Harmonious, but there is so much delicate detail, I'm afraid a mini might make someone go 'blind' trying to pick out a tiny floralet or bird, which one might like to do with pretty William-Morris-style details...

Cerulean

magela_earth

I ALWAYS change my purse around, so sometimes I'm good for a full sized, sometimes i'm not. (problem is, when I can fit more than one full sized, I will. I find myself taking 3 full decks around with me sometimes, for no reason.) Anyways, I have the mini Connolly and mini Egyptian. I'm not too connected with the mini connoly b/c I don't have it full sized. It seems less tangible to me because in my little world it only exists in miniature as of yet. Poor poor connolly. I've taken to ALWAYS having my egyptian ones on me, and pulling a card here and there....but not long enough to let you know how it's going. I think I might not connect with the mini's in general as well.

The 78th Fool

I will be travelling this week and as always I will be taking my two treasured minis - Rider Waite and Grimaud Marseilles.

I didn't know that the Camoin was out in mini format - I prefer the Grimaud but still find the Camoin mouth watering all the same! Must also get hold of a Visconti Gold, a Universal and a New Vision in mini. These are all decks i use and it would be great to have the option of travelling with them!

I also have a mini Thoth but it hardly travels! By contrast I've recently acquired a mini Hanson Roberts in a funny package called Tarot to Go. It comes with a small hardback book which gives the bare essentials of card meanings. The Hanson roberts works really well in this format - It loses nothing of its charm or detail for being reduced.

Chris. xx

Athara

I don't own a mini yet, but ah... if only they'd bring a mini-Fey Tarot to the market... :)

rosesred

Not to much of a fan of (radiant) RWS-mini. The imagery is small enough already on normal-sized cards. On mini's a lot of symbols are to small to make out. I think a deck with cards that are less stacked with symbols would survive the size-reduction better. BTW, I travel with a deck the size of playing cards in a playing cards map. Works very well for me, although it's not as cute as the mini'w :).

Sophie

I am delighted with my Visconti mini! It is so dinky and pretty - and because the symbolism is plain, the size does not make it difficult to see. I don't know what the Gold edition is like - this one looks quite golden to me!!

And an additional note on Le Scarabeo edition of the Visconti - I own the large AG Muller edition - and I must say I prefer Le Scarabeo's recretations of the Devil and the Tower (they are missing - or never existed - in the original): more striking in my view, and I like the massive tower - although none of the recreations actually look "right". I guess even our best artists have lost the Bembo touch...