Has anybody ever seen a deck that actually includes the Truth & Intuition cards?

soulkarma

I'm searching for a Rider-Waite Deck that includes the two missing cards - Juno (Intuition) & Jupiter (Truth). Can anybody tell me if they have seen one, or know where to find one please?

Rosanne

There is a deck called the New Restored Tarot by Doctors Rob van llewyln. It is done in Rider Waite Style with the two extra cards =80 cards. It has a comprehensive companion book in English, but the cards are titled in Dutch. The creators were guest speakers at the Melbourne 2005 Conference and if you look up that on the Conference threads you will see the bio. I have not yet used the deck for reading, but the book is great as I use RWS mostly.~Rosanne

Alta

I have this deck, and got it from tarotgarden.com. If you mention Aeclectic as your source of information, the site benefits as well.

I don't have the book, and did not realize there was one until i saw this thread.
Thanks.

TheOld

as they said on aeclectic review, these 2 cards are not 2 cards that was missing but "Two extra cards, Intuition (Juno) and Truth (Jupiter), have been 'restored' to the deck, and some of the major arcana reordered. "

alos the Moon and impress are verry much intuitive cards so the sun a truth one, all a matter of view point he ;)

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

mythos

There is a rather large book which can be bought as well.... it's called 'The Complete Tarot'. Nice deck, excellent colouring, light and bright ... arguments for the additions are more a case of forcing a personal theory to make a point - strained - but that is just my opinion. It is a lovely deck, and has some variations on the Waite-Smith besides the additional cards e.g. the swords are behind the figure in repose on the 10 of swords, rather than planted firmly in his spine. Haven't read much of the book yet, so I'm not prepared to comment further.

mythos:)

MeeWah

Major Arcana order changed & quite drastically (their Dutch counterparts in parenthesis):

0-The Fool
1-The Magician
2-The Priestess
3-The Emperor
4-The Lovers (Choice)
(-) Intuition (Juno)
5-The Priest
6-The Empress
7-The Chariot
8-The Hermit
9-Justice
10-The World (Wheel of Fortune)
11-Strength
12-The Hanged Man
13-Temperance
14-Death
15-The Devil
(+) Truth (Jupiter)
16-The Tower
17-The Moon
18-The Star
19-The Sun
20-The Last Judgement
21-The Universe (The World)

A well-illustrated deck in muted colours, both evocative of & different from the antecedent RWS. I like the deck but unable to use the re-order of the Major Arcana.

The book encyclopedic in scope at 464 pages. Includes many illustrations of various cards from Tarot in de Herstelde Orde, other decks & other pictures to accompany the text.

I met Rob Docters van Leeuwen at the Melbourne Tarot Conference. A fascinating & learned individual, earnest & sincere regarding his theory on the two additional cards.

soulkarma

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I already have the book, "The Complete Tarot", & find it to be extremely interesting, & helpful, considering the only deck i currently own is the mythic tarot, along with the book that goes with it, & this deck is usually very reliable, it is helpful to read another book that explains things differently - to give a different insight into the cards & their meanings.

truelighth

MeeWah said:
I met Rob Docters van Leeuwen at the Melbourne Tarot Conference. A fascinating & learned individual, earnest & sincere regarding his theory on the two additional cards.

The theory and creation of the deck was the idea of Onno Docters van Leeuwen, the brother of Rob. He first created his new majors in a sculpture tarot and later made the Tarot in de Herstelde Orde (in 1995, revised and new printrun from 2000). But if my sources are correct, he was terminally ill and so his brother Rob probably took over the work and the promotion.

MeeWah

truelighth: Thanks for the additional information & correction.

Rob Docters van Leeuwen showed me a set of small photographs of the Major Arcana sculptures, which I understood him to explain were created prior to the actual deck. They are beautiful.