How do you connect with Querent?

Hushdwhisper

I've used my oracle (and my tarot) to gain insight for myself for quite some time. However, I've only recently begun to read for others. I find it easy to pickup on the Querent's energy when we are face to face, but when reading at a distance (say over the internet) for someone I find myself having to lay two or three spreads before I am able to connect with the energy of my Querent. Does anyone else experience this? Do you use any "tricks" to help you connect faster?

Blessings,
Hushdwhisper

animae

I've also just started doing long-distance readings (online and over the phone) and I find that it helps me to pull a "focusing" card before I even begin a spread for my querent. I guess this might be similar to you having to do a couple of spreads prior to "connecting," but I find that if I pull a card with the intention of finding the connection to the querent, then it helps me to connect. I hope this makes sense.

Hushdwhisper

That makes alot of sense Anime and certainly takes less time and effort than what I've been doing. I'll give it a try. Do you use the card you pull as a significator in your spread?

Blessings,
Hushd

Sienna

I always use reversals, it points to any problems/issues they are dealing with right away - I actually prefer reading long distance as I find it less draining. However, I've just noticed that this an Oracle thread, so don't know if you use reversals or not, I was refering to Tarot (not oracle) so don't know if this is any help in this case...

Sx

animae

Yes, I often end up using the card as the significator. Let me know how this technique works out for you.

Alissa

A long time ago, Holmes (a member at this site, not sure if currently active) used this imagery when conducting an online (chat) reading for me once upon a time:

(First he asked what state I was in, and then told me where he was roughly located as well).

Holmes: Picture yourself as a tree. Ground yourself into the earth, sink your roots into the ground and let yourself reach towards the Light above. Now, picture a circle around you, and realize this circle can become a figure 8, connecting my circle to your circle.

This particularly lovely and natural image was very helpful for his method, and produced a nice connection for our reading that day.

Best of luck to you... might try pulling a Faery card while asking the same question to your deck? :)

majah kahlana

I would say that 95% of my readings are online and that while it has the advantage of being less draining it definitely makes it a bit harder to connect with the person. I have found that the readings are more accurate if i have spent a bit of time talking to the person (usually happens in chats where i have been for at least an hour or more). Something that really helps me connect with the querent is to close my eyes and say their name 7 times then repeat the question they have a few times as well while i shuffle the cards. The only times i have really had any problems is when things have gotten chaotic at home and I cant seem to focus no matter what i try.
Hope this helps

Elven

On a bit of a less anxious note - I usually find the first spread is the one to read for the querant.

While your shuffling - ask the Fae to pop over the person - get the information (I speak aloud each question to the cards as I shuffle) and come back and show me what I need to write up for the querant. Works for me - especially if I am tired.
Sometimes it is easier to keep the main question of the spread in mind - and if there are specific questions for each placement - if your not getting it - keep refering back to the question/placement that the card is for. Keep at it and it will show itself to you.
Feeling that what the cards you have drawn are not the right ones, and then doing more spreads to get the right answer - may only confuse you further. Imagine the querant was sitting in front of you, and you placed the card spread down, looked at it and then gathered it up again, saying 'thats not the right spread' - I'd pay a dollar to see the look on the querants face! :p

Have confidence! The Faeries are like mediators between you and the querant - and they are relaying the correct information - let them guide you - as they can be very naughty if you try to get them to do what you want! ;)

Blessings
Elven x

brenmck

Good question....

....and I've been trying to develop this. When I started to read with the Intuitive group I first checked my partner's profile. Any insight at all is usable, and it really helps when people share some information about themselves there - just a few personal hooks are enough. Even their deck lists help give you an idea.

But I noticed when I started to write out the reading longhand, things would come to me that I would wonder "do I dare say that?" But they seem to demand to be written, so I go with it. There have been many times I was sure someone would tell me I was completely crazy, but that's never happened. It's in the act of writing more than when the cards are first drawn that this happens. I haven't yet been given anything that is extremely personal, but I think that will happen as I increase my openness.

brenmck

animae

Elven said:
The Faeries are like mediators between you and the querant - and they are relaying the correct information - let them guide you - as they can be very naughty if you try to get them to do what you want! ;)

Blessings
Elven x

That is such a great way of looking at it! As a former mediator I can totally relate to this. :thumbsup: