Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Descriptions - Case Studies #1 and #2

Sylvie Steinbach

Case 1

We always start from the key card in this case 28-man. Everything on the left of our screen is his recent past. Everything on the right side of the screen is what he is thinking or his intents.

18-dog is an important card as it is sometimes used as a key card to represent someone we know or it usually signifies someone the person you read for knows. It shows here as the recent past. Of course the dog surrounded by the heart and the moon show an emotional connection between the man and the dog person. Love relationship comes in mind. The crossroad shows a change or seperation. Because it is next to the man we know it just happened and therefore it has to be within the past few months no further than that into the past.
If you look at the definitions in the book, the crossroad is a card of flexibility and free will. The seperation may have been mutual. The symbol also pairs with 2 and libra sign. So depending on when you do the reading this could be important. The situation may have been final 2 months ago. Or during september/october cycle.
I will hold off into giving a physical description on this man yet until you have view everything.
the lily is a card of maturity and tranquility. No doubt this man has found peace in this decision or will find it was a positive action shortly. The person is definitively in his late 30's or 40's or look like older than his real age.
The birds give the ability to communicate clearly but also it gives the perspective that this person likes company and the idea of couple. The tree give a positive outlook on his mind set. He is not depressed by the recent events, will recover quickly and has an optimistic point of view toward another possible chance for relationship. He is motivated by the ring that shows he believe in stable and positive connections such as marriage.

He cannot be involved in counceling as there is not 'dog' card in this association to suggest that. I will be careful in integrating Timing right now as it is geared to recognizing someone not about WHEN but HOW.

Don't try to do to much just keep it simple so I can see if you have the right grip on the technique so I can correct you to help. If you go too much in details when not asked you may fall into traps that will force you to relearn things from scratch. Keep it simple! In advance we get more complex and still we try to keep all our answers simple...

Sylvie Steinbach

case 2

Case study #2

Julia wants to see who is coming into her life:

4-house + 8-coffin + 13-child + 3-ship + 28-man + 19-tower + 26-book + 31 sun

Firstly cards ship/tower give the physical description that he is tall, has ethnic features and possibly a foreigner. He is ambitious and has high morals, and may have felt alone and isolated at times(tower) He is independent(ship) he may have started at a young age his travels(ship+child) he may have been an only child too (child+coffin+house) or homeless, orphan?

I will stop here as there is something I need to address:

a combination child + ship isn't equivalent to a combination ship + child! DO NOT make that mistake OR you will be inaccurate in your predictions. It is OK right now but in advance cases based on real people you CAN'T.

WE are not looking at his childhood but him as a man today. Therefore his history is his recent or significant history.

4-house + 8-coffin + 13-child + 3-ship show that he had a domestic situation -symbolized by the house- that ended -coffin- and from this domestic family unit he has a child that he left behind -ship-. The child is not representing him but really a youngster. Coffin + child is not a combination indicating trouble teen. Even if you look into the book definitions. Please stay into the book contents even if you do not believe it works. I assure you it does! The only key card is the man in this example...

I know I went backwards on that but oh well.
Starting from the house+coffin..Home situation was not good he was a troubled teen (coffin+child) Therefore he left home early. had to grow up fast.
The child card I find as another key card..

Moving forward...(tower+book) suggest that he is involved with a high level agency or government which deal with investigative or research work, he has a brilliant mind (book+sun) and may even be a perfectionist, he may even have discovered or invented something through his research..(sun) suggests he went to the top of his field.

NOW let's see what my take on this case study is:

The man is our starting point. Let's look into the recent situations. Ship is indication of movement, leaving things behind. The 3 combination of house, coffin and child show a definite personal story. His domestic life went down he may have even lost his home -again I refer to the book!- But not his child.

Because the coffin is before the child, this is not relating to its death. Just the home life or building is affected. But the child is left behind in some ways because of the ship's position. It is a good guess to think that this man went through a loss -divorce or domestic loss such as the death of his partner- but also did not retain full care of the child. The child may even not live near...

The tower describe a man that is taller than 6 feet -180cm- and has dark hair. The card also give seriousness and austerity to the reading and i would think that in this case it is appropriate to think so. The tower/book combination can show an high level of expertise that requires university eduction or licenses. He also could be an college professor or working as a CPA, IRS or other governmental institutions -again check your book definitions.
The sun opens a positive outcome as far as what this man can do in the future. No doubt he can recover from his history and seems to show a promising career and lifestyle.

Again no timing here just descriptions. It is essential you use your book to understand the meanings of the cards and how they speak.

As you can see Rising Phoenix YOU GOT most of it! It is a good start indeed!
Just stay discipline on staying on subject to what the question asks. Do not add too many things keep it simple.

I see you on case 3 :)

Phoenix Rising

Hi Sylvie,

Thankyou for the feedback...so I know we start on the cards directly beside the key card..ok got that. So we can never read back from the key card? We then start at the first card and the combinations towards the key card, and then after. I only looked at the combinations in the book, I only re-worded in my way of talking...so sorry about that. Ok hopefully I'll get it right on the next one, best teachers are the mistakes we make!!! Oh and I certainly don't doubt that your method doesn't work, it's very fascinating, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Ok onto case 3

Sylvie Steinbach

Phoenix

Correct! see you then...

Sylvie Steinbach

Important

I would like to take a moment to remind everyone who is following the virtual course that in order to attend and participate to the threads called 'Secrets of the Lenormand group study', one must have the book 'The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle' and a small Lenormand deck of 36 cards.

This is a free virtual class you can print the course and work on your time. I will always interact and respond to the posts -as a teacher- and on PM if needed. But in order to post your answers on any of those threads you must have the pre-requisites. IF not you are welcome to watch, read and print...But please do not post to avoid confusion on the meanings of the cards and the reading techniques. Your cooperation is greatly appreciate to ensure clarity in the threads for the students who are actively involved.

Thank you very much :)

indianstorm

new to the group..

hello all, hello sylvie,

i am new to the group, i have just started reading the thread to catch up, i am waiting to receive book in the post. meantime, please dont mind me reading the posts as it has been most interesting,

i love the Lenormand as i love the Jane Lyle playing card deck. I read the cards from a scientific/ cold hard facts kind of way. i wanted to explore my understanding and receive critical appraisal of my interpretaions.. join you soon after i have read the book.

Stormy

Aristede

Hi Stormy,

Welcome! :)

We're always happy to see new students at The Secrets of the Lenormand virtual workshop. Sylvie is away on holiday, and she'll be back next week. In the mean time, she asked me to respond to comments on the threads.

When you get your book, just sign up on The Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Sign up, and you'll be ready to get started with the first case studies. Most people prefer to hold off reading through the case studies until they've had a chance to work them out themselves, but that's entirely up to you.

I'm glad you decided to join us, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the workshop as much as I do! :thumbsup:

Aristede

indianstorm

hi :)

Thank you for warm welcome..
i have read your postings as well.. the two card draws were interesting. i hope the book gets here soon, as i have a pile of questions building up...

Stormy