Victorian Flower Oracle: Violet

Jewel

The card shows a beautiful violet plant with lots of buds, and some violets in full bloom sheltered under its large leaves. There are three violet ladies kneeling within the plant, two in the shade, and one exposing herself to the sun. The all look serene.

The emotional atmosphere of the card is bliss and contentment.

A physical manifestation of this card would be one of gathering with friends for the simple enjoyment of spending time together. Just hanging out.

The mental characteristics of this card is that of taking a mental break. Not thinking too hard or focusing on anything in particular.

Spiritually I see this card as representing a feeling of connectedness and spiritual fulfillment. When all feels right with the world. Harmony.

What I find most appealing about this card is that it seems that the violet ladies are paying homage to the plant with reverence and joy.

What I find least appealing about the card is that two of the violet ladies can barely be seen in contrast to the overall sharp focused image of the card.

I probably relate so well to this card because I am an only child and treasure my alone time. I crave it. I enjoy it to the fullest when I get it, which is not often. As the companion book describes, our world is busy and when one lives with others alone time is often scarce. I always feel so rejuvenated after having my “me time.” I notice that I get cranky when I am deprived of it, and actually resent the interruption to it. I enjoy others, but I also enjoy my solitude. I am never bored and love just doing or not doing as I please. To some this may be seen as selfishness, but it is more of a personal need. When I get a good amount of “me time” I feel much more fiving and appreciative of others, and I ready and happy to socialize and do favors. It both fill and rejuvenates my soul and makes me really realize what a gift those in my life really are.

Jewel

Fudugazi said:
That's how I see it as well. I don't see shyness, but rest and time to oneself, coupled with assurance - because as Afrosaxon writes, the violet is a bold little flower - discreet but hardly shy. And it is one of the flowers of love...:)
In a nut shell, that is exactly what I see in the card as well.

Unlike many of you, I am not versed in flower lore. I am hoping to pick some up through this study group (which I am, thank you), but my posts are based simply on the imagery. What I am discovering as I go along is that the illustrations have really capture the essence of the flowers. That in turn has made me more comfortable with this deck and I actually see them as a direct way to learn about flowers. Sort of like flash cards *LOL*.

moderndayruth

Jewel said:
Unlike many of you, I am not versed in flower lore. I am hoping to pick some up through this study group (which I am, thank you), but my posts are based simply on the imagery. What I am discovering as I go along is that the illustrations have really capture the essence of the flowers. That in turn has made me more comfortable with this deck and I actually see them as a direct way to learn about flowers. Sort of like flash cards *LOL*.
*mdr vawes at Jewel* :D
The same here, dear! I don't know what's wrong with me, all the women in my family love and know and grow flowers; when i see a flower i do appreciate its beauty, but that was about it untill some two years ago when i actually 'adopted' first pots with flowers in my place and started taking care of them :flushes: I have a cousin who speeks with the same tember of voice about his son (whom he adores) and his garden, i am so impressed by him, i mean i can totally hear all the love and care when he speaks about his plants. I received VFO from Aulruna in an oracle exchange package and i totally feel it as a great opportunity to 'catch up' in bonding with flowers! :D
Mind that i usually have no idea what flower it is, more so that the titles are in English, so i first look up for Latin name, than dig in the dictionaries to find Serbian equivalent and than i interview my mom... she usually goes, like, "remember those flowers your granma loved that grew in that part (somewhere) of her garden? That's the one!" :D

Jewel

~Jewel waves back~ :D

Well thank goodness, I thought I was the only one here that knew little about the flowers. I love flowers, love giving them! In my family some actually call me "the flower child" because I make sure that the women in family get flowers every now and again (it just makes them so happy). I also love planting and looking at flowers in my yard, but here I go for what will survive not what they mean *LOL*. So though I love flowers I am terrible with their names and know only a little flower symbolism at all. I go for color *LOL*. I have no one to interview or ask either, so I have literally been muddling through, and bless Traveller and others for helping when I really need to know the symbolism of a given flower.

moderndayruth

Indeed, many thanks to Traveller for starting this group! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Aww, Jewel, what a beautiful nickname - 'the flower child'! Like from a fairytale, love it! :thumbsup: