Fey book - is getting it worth it?

HeidiAussie

Hi all,

Having picked up some temporary work I felt justified in buying the Fey (or more properly putting it on order). I ordered just the cards and not the deck/book set.
Given I already have some nice tarot books giving card meanings (and the "Reversals" book) is it really worth getting the Set?

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

Mimers

Hi Heidi,

I felt the book is a tremendous asset. It is definitely one of the best written books I have seen to accompany a deck. You will, however, still get a lot from this deck without it. Enjoy.

Mimers

Alta

I got the book and read it cover to cover. And, I am one of those people who generally toss the accompanying text in a drawer after a quick glance. It is very interesting but you can use the deck without it. Marion

lunalafey

Either way, with or without the book. The Fey are very expressive on thier own. The book tells a little of the history & the big names of Tarot creators. It does not give 'reversed' meanings, but I don't use reversals with the Fey, so that's ok.
I found that there are a few added insights into some cards in the Fey that are Fey specific & the book speaks of these things.
My feeling is that the meanings are fairly traditional, but expess it from a different (more positive) approach; that is what I got out of the book.
opt for no book-
there is of course the study group.

Hope you find the Fey as fun as the rest of us!

HeidiAussie

Hi,

Thankyou Mimers, Marion and Lunalafey for replying.
I think I will leave off buying the book for the moment.

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

Justin

I also ended up getting the deck without the book (although i didn't know that was the deal i was getting myself into, seeing as how i got the deck from a dealer on the internet and i think i got screwed a bit) but regardless of that, i've been using the deck quite comfortably without having the book. But because i love this deck so much, i would like to get the book, just to see what the creator had in mind and see if that adds to my own insights. I do completelly agree with the others however, you don't need the book to use this deck, it speaks for itself quite nicely. I would be interested though if you do end up getting the book to see what your response was (as i hope to get the book sometime in the near future) and see if reading the book changes your impresion at all. Keep us updated!

Cheers,

Justin

ladycheryllynne

I'm enjoying reading the book. It tells the story of the author and the relationship he formed with the artist. Like the first time he met with her and they were at a cafe enjoying beers together. Also mentioned, the sketches she was doing while they met and how he kept them, only to later bring them into the book. Nice to know the making of the project!

Leia

no reversals?

Hi , so happy to join you all.I ahould apologize for my English first, I am from Taiwan.I really envy you that you can get a Fey tarot book there, here in Taiwan, we only got the book which is talk about the Rider-Waite Tatot.But still I believe I can read the card without that book after your discussing.
And also, here comes a qustion....;Do any of you use the reversals on the Fey tarot? I really want to know, cuz the reversals seem still a little bit diffcult to me.Thanks for reading my post.

Ruby Red Slippers

Leia

Welcome to Aeclectic! It's so wonderful to have you!

I have just recently acquired the Fey, but do not use reversals with this deck, although I do with other decks. Just doesn't seem right with this one for me.

Just read the cards as you see them. The Fey have must to say!

Blessings,
RRS