Favorite Robert M Place deck?

sapienza

my favorite is the First edition Alchemical that I trimmed to a nifty pocket size and edged in black...

I trimmed an original as well and I absolutely love it, it's now the perfect size. After a two year break from tarot this was the deck that I first picked up on returning. I also prefer the colouring in the original to the Renewed.

I am seriously considering the Sevenfold Mystery but am worried that I'd always be comparing it to the Alchemical.

wraith

I love all his decks but I'm in love with his tarot of the sevenfold great readings with itšŸ˜†

fyreflye

Just recently got around to purchasing the 78 card Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery, and though I couldn't tell you why, it's become my favorite Place deck and maybe my favorite deck. It must be the Burne-Jones effect or something.
Love those skinny dogs :D The color and imagery of the Alchemical Tarot Renewed is more striking and I love that one too. Place's other more commercial decks leave me cold, and even the original Alchemical Tarot seems pallid next to its recent successors. I'm looking forward to a companion book to further illuminate the Sevenfold Mystery but the current lwb is surprisingly good.

FLizarraga

I just found a decent used copy of the Angels Tarot, and I have to say that, even for a Place deck, it's surprisingly beautiful.

Curiously enough, even the glossy finish and the white borders --two things I usually hate-- suit these images.

The new Alchemical is supposed to ship by the end of May or so. I hate waiting.

Essence of Winter

I just found a decent used copy of the Angels Tarot, and I have to say that, even for a Place deck, it's surprisingly beautiful.

Curiously enough, even the glossy finish and the white borders --two things I usually hate-- suit these images.

The new Alchemical is supposed to ship by the end of May or so. I hate waiting.

The latest update said June-July. In the meantime, I have a 1st edition Alchemical wending its way to me and a copy of the Sevenfold Mystery.