11 years of Aeclectic

Marcia959

I know this may sound strange, but when I first came to AT I unwittingly stumbled into a hornet's nest. Out of that initial shock came some wonderful friendships and I learned what a great community, including the hornets, can be!

Happy Birthday, AT!

Libra8ca

I kept coming across the Aeclectic website again and again over the years but it never really held my attention for long, until one day I noticed the "forum" icon at the top and clicked on it wondering what that was all about.

Well, there should have been a warning statement attached to it as an entire world of tarot opened up to me that I had never been aware of before. It has truly turned out to be addictive! :D

squeakmo9

I think I was looking for astrology info when I came upon AT and then, eventually, becoming a member---no regrets!
Learning tarot and so much more from the good people here, past and present, has been very rewarding and continues to be. This is a very unique 'place'.
Happy Birthday AT!
:love:

greatdane

First members?

I would be curious as to how many members who joined the first year are still around. I know there are many long term ATers here....

euripides

My first post was in 2005. I guess I'd found aeclectic while looking for tarot information, as a writer friend had introduced me to the cards.

I still have quite a few PMs from over the years too, though since I don't always keep an active subscription, I've had to cull a few. It's nice to find like minds. So often I've wished we could know each other in real life, meet up for coffee and chat!

I've enjoyed some deck trades, and also the tea exchange we did a while back. It's amazing to me that some of my most treasured things are gifts from people whose faces I have never seen, who I will never really know. People talk about how impersonal the internet is, but I think it is a reminder of how connected the human race really is.

Making cards for Aeclectic member decks was a highlight too.

Favorite threads? Oh that's a tough one. I've loved some of the historical discussions, but also some of the down-to-earth advice, warmth and wisdom that members share. The enabling and de-enabling threads are perennial favorites.

Le Fanu

For me, doing Frankie was such a highlight and seeing what he has gone on to become

(winner to be announced soon!)

I have to say, the threads I always prefer are the funny, silly ones. I'd love to say something clever and academic but at the end of the day I love the fun to be had here.

I absolutely loved doing my recent Power Animals Tarot Readings (subscribers only).

And those members whose posts I always love reading.

I love the way we all egg each other on to buy more decks. It never ceases to amuse me.

Emily

greatdane said:
I would be curious as to how many members who joined the first year are still around. I know there are many long term ATers here....

If you go to the members list and then click on the join date button, it will list the first members of AT. Some are still active.

Le Fanu

And it was AT which introduced me to the concept of back-up decks and the importance of pretty bags.

Cocobird55

Happy birthday, AT!

I found the forums by googling Tarot and I was hooked. I remember spending hours on them when I first joined. I was back with tarot after a 30-year hiatus, and my only decks were a 1JJ Swiss and Artists' Inner Vision. I kept hearing about so many decks, and of course I had to have them, if only to see what people were talking about. I have gotten pickier over the years, but AT is still my main source to see what's new.

I am grateful this site exists -- I have met many wonderful people online, and it kept me interested in tarot.

MsRubyRain

A friend turned me onto AT...we both became interested in Tarot around the same time. I lurked for a while and wanted to join in, but was a little apprehensive because I am Christian and was afraid of being battered around..LOL Well..by lurking and reading I found others here that were Christian and saw that everyone treated everyone with respect no matter what their beliefs. I signed up and became a member. That was a little over three years ago and I LOVE this place and the PEOPLE here.

I haven't done a lot of interactive readings, I have done a few. I haven't had a chance to really get to know my cards well and I am a big fat chicken to read for others LOL..

I love the exchanges! 5 of Pents...so much fun!

The prayers and dedication threads I have been blessed to be able to pray for a lot of people and in turn have had prayers and good energies sent to me and my family as well.

I look forward to coming here everyday and see what is going on with everybody and drool in the trading and creating forums.

So many things I could list...this place has so many good things. It's a very special place, filled with very special people!

:heart: AT and AT'ers.