1 or 2 decks? (why not 1000 ? :)

Krakken

Hej Fellas !

I would like to know If you use two diffrents decks one for personal reading and meditation (If you do it)and another for your regular readings?

I love my deck, but sometimes I feel like. 1. the message is not for me and 2. Some friends, curious people and querents cannot help touching them (grr).

Wanting to hear about your opinions :)

Grizabella

I have one deck that I just use for myself but I did do one reading here for Girl Archer with it. That reinforced the "just for myself" designation.

And I have quite a lot of other decks so I have plenty of them for reading for other people.

Even though that one deck is only used for myself, I don't have any quibbles at all about someone else touching that one or any other of my decks. The more energy imparted to any deck from all sources is for the better, I feel. We humans are energy beings, after all, and we all shed little bits of our energy everywhere we go and on everything we touch. I think that energy just adds to the power of a deck, whether it's just someone thumbing through the cards or having an actual reading from it.

DesertDream

All my decks are fair game, they are to fun to hog! However i do have one for my altar for devotional use only, i view it to be set apart.

altias

After doing 'new deck spreads' with both my RWS and my Tarot of Pagan Cats decks, I've found that my RWS is much better for regular readings, while my Pagan Cats deck is oriented more for heavier, almost more serious readings.

I try not to use the Pagan Cats deck more than necessary (mostly for the reason listed above), even if it's the one I feel more comfortable using!

Cenozoic

I just read with my decks regardless if it's for myself or others. I let others choose their own cards, and generally ask if their hands are clean beforehand. They are usually up for washing their hands first, since they think it's some kind of cleansing ritual...? But in reality, I just don't want chocolate or tomato sauce on the cards, or boogers or ear wax for that matter.

There was this one time, where I did a reading for this girl about this creepy guy she didn't like, and she started stabbing at the card that represented him over and over with a sharp object, and I had to stop her! This isn't voodoo or some satanic ritual we're doing here! I'd rather deal with a skeptic, than have my cards ruined like that any day! And the most insane part, was that she was one of the nicest girls I knew, and I didn't expect that at all from her.

I do have several decks that I don't use to read for others, but it's because I have trouble reading and connecting to them, and I'm sure if I used it for others it would just be completely confusing and everyone would be looking wide-eye'd at me, while I just stare back blankly.

Le Fanu

Well I probably do have a thousand. I counted a few years ago and it was getting near that number.

And I have a shelf with about 30 decks which I use regularly. The rest just sit there hoping I'll be inspired one day to start using them. We fall in love with decks we never paid attention to for years and years. That's why I hardly ever get rid of decks. It took me almost thirty years to love the Balbi and Royal Fez Moroccan. Glad I hadn't got rid of them But mostly I rotate around 30 (maybe even more) to do regular readings with.

Krakken

I don't have any quibbles at all about someone else touching that one or any other of my decks. The more energy imparted to any deck from all sources is for the better, I feel. We humans are energy beings, after all.

HI

I dont have problem with people touching any other of my decks, im the first who invite them to celebrate getting a new one (Pagan tarot its coming in few days... wiiiii)

the problem can come when you´re in a reading about jobs and your cards are still with a bit of remaining energy of the last reading about "confrontation" ( exmple). I do sense that Cause i know my deck. what i do is (if its a friend) sending a sms saying ... "I forgot to tell you something".

thanks for your feedback! :)

Krakken

All my decks are fair game, they are to fun to hog! However i do have one for my altar for devotional use only, i view it to be set apart.

Hi.

How do you keep it; box, bag, cloth?

Mine is next to my bed in a silk cloth! funny thing is ,. i pulled a card to know what´s my deck "thought" about that cloth and the card that comes out was<, 5 of cup. LOL. Its not happy to be keep there. so im looking for other option.

Krakken

I try not to use the Pagan Cats deck more than necessary (mostly for the reason listed above), even if it's the one I feel more comfortable using!

I like cats ... however the pagan cats tarot... those kitties looking and giving an impression of ... "We knows things that you dont know"...make me think carefully about getting this deck. Have you seen "final judgement" in this deck? creepy! and ... beatiful at the same time.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Thunder

Hi! I use my decks for anyone and everyone who wants a reading or just wants to take a look at the cards ... until a friend of mine gifted me her Thoth deck. The more I work with it and the more I understand it, the more it becomes "my precious" and I am not sure I would use it for another people or let them touch it.