2 decks, 2 vastly different readings!

ana luisa

Just for, as you say, S & Gs (thank you for teaching me this ;)) , what if the two decks were telling you a story ? Perhaps you friend thought at first, that he wouldn't have a good time, that he wouldn't be able to blend and enjoy himself. But, in the end, that's what happened ?

Pique Dame

Just for, as you say, S & Gs (thank you for teaching me this ;)) , what if the two decks were telling you a story ? Perhaps you friend thought at first, that he wouldn't have a good time, that he wouldn't be able to blend and enjoy himself. But, in the end, that's what happened ?

Do decks work together that way? My theory about the tarot was that the cards were merely tools that the spirit world uses to communicate with you, but I'm realizing that each deck very much has its own unique personality. So, I suppose it wouldn't be unheard of for the spirit guides to tell the same story through multiple decks, but I wouldn't think they'd use contradicting cards like that. Oh, and you're welcome for S & G's. Glad I could be the teacher instead of the student on SOMETHING for once! ;)

Pique Dame

UPDATE: I feel pretty silly for just figuring this out now, but the cards I earlier said my one deck never, ever uses are...well, missing from the deck. I'm not sure when or how that happened because I always do readings in the same parts of the house and gather all the cards up when I'm finished, taking care not to leave any behind. I almost wonder if they never were a part of that deck to begin with. So, I've been reading with 75 cards for years now without ever realizing it until today.

Etene

Five Coins was that deck telling you that it was suffering hard times by lacking three words of its vocabulary, perhaps.

Grizabella

I haven't read all the other responses but wanted to add a comment.

When you break up with someone, you go through a lot of emotions and memories, both pro and con. Right? That's just how our memories work. The times you're reading on this question may very well be catching him at times when his thoughts and feelings differ. One day something nice and pleasant about your time together will be on his mind and another day, just the opposite.

However, it just doesn't really work very well when you ask the same question over and over again because, as you see for yourself, it can be confusing for you.

MandMaud

My eldest has a way of enjoying an event, and being miserable during an event - BOTH. Both are true in hindsight. Can't explain it but he does it!

The Five of Pents holds the meaning of finding support from elsewhere when you've run out of resources of your own. It can be a most encouraging card. (That stained glass window in the RWS: the beauty and grandeur of the "establishment", when you're on your uppers.)

I have scan-read the thread so I hope I'm not repeating someone else's thought. :)