11:11 and the tarot?

dminoz

Here is a link:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

It's a US Navy web site. Look down to the line that says:

"Aphelion July 5 03 Solstices June 20 23 09 Dec 21 11 11"

That date, time and hour is supposedly the exact ending of the Mayan calendar cycle that everyone gets excited about.

It is also the exact date and time which Terence McKenna came to, using his Timewave theory/technique, as being the point of maximum, complete "novelty" (to use his term). He came to this date and time with no knowledge of anything about the Mayan stuff, and only learned later that there was a perfect fit between his system and theirs. His theory, for anyone who doesn't know, is based on an analysis of the King Wen sequence of the I Ching.

McKenna (who is well worth a net search -- there are plenty of streams online of his talks -- the guy is a genius) -- said that at that date/time, the entire remainder of the history of the universe happens instantaneously; that freaks my brain out, just a bit. His pet theory was that it somehow involved time travel.

Between the two of them (McKenna and the Mayans), they seem to have nailed something. And it makes it seem all the more relevant when the 11's keep coming at you.

Hence my interest in how, if at all, the 11+11 of the major acarna might fit in to the whole thing.

Anja

so weird

I am so glad that someone posted this. I have seen 11:11 for a while now, but lately, it's insane. I was just telling my mom about it today and she kept staring at me like I was crazy. Some people say that you have OCD with clocks and that totally isn't the case. It's like when it's that time, something compels you to look at the clock. This is going to sound really crazy, but I believe it was this past Sunday night, it was 11:11 pm and I looked at the clock and it seemed like it was the longest minute ever. It's hard to explain to people who haven't experienced it because again they think you are strange. Well...at least there are others out there.
Anja

ravenest

Lillie said:
23 does it too.

Earths tilt - 23 deg. Hence, tropics, 23 deg.
23 pairs of chromosones in the human DNA (at each 23rd one - or last one there is a 'bonding irregularity' that enables the DNA strand to unwind, replicate and hence produce life). 23rd Psalm - "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, .... "
Sura 23 - Breaking apart - splitting asunder. Hexagramn 23 ... well, it goes on and on until you will see it everywhere...
Wot fun.

Works good for 11 too. Many years ago I had the 11 thing. Sat bolt upright one night from a deep sleep, looked out the window, saw a .... 'shooting star'? Looked at clock; 11:11. But would it have happened if I wasnt observing the 11 phenomena?
As far as Tarot goes, for me 11, Lust/Strength (Thoth deck) is the number of magick so one can expect ...

Lillie

There is a 23 - 11 connection in that 11PM is 23.00 hours on the 24 hour clock.

I got the 23 thing originally from R A Wilson and Illuminatus and all that, but after that it cropped up lots. (as it is meant too)
But maybe it's just me noticing it.
I can never decide.

I have been waiting for 11:11 to crop up since reading this thread, but so far, no luck.

Shaymus

dminoz said:
:)

There is also the very interesting fact that the Mayan calendar cycle ends on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:11. That, for some reason, resonates with me. I'll dig up a link for more on that.

I wonder if it is taken into account that our current calendar is off by about 5 or 6 years. Way back when, when the church was trying to figure out the year of Christ's birth, a couple of errors crept in. I saw a documentary on TV recently that said the same thing. For example, we should have celebrated the transition into the new millenium back in 1995.

If that is the case, looks like the year 2012 may be this year. yikes.
Shaymus

midnightmerry

I have been seeing 11:11 or 1:11 for over a year now but I am still thoroughly confused as to its significance. I looked at some of the websites about this and frankly, they've just gotten me more confused. I've gleaned something about psychic abilities and maybe some kind of betrayal.

????

The link above listing the solsticies and equinoxes was interesting, especially the Winter Solstice of 2012 falling on 11:11. I've heard of the Mayan calendar thingy before and found that very interesting. Perhaps that is really what the 11:11 thing is about? Not all the psychic stuff, but a forewarning that something significant will happen that day?

prudence

freaky weird

I have been seeing 11:11 for some time now...and much more so recently, then this thread popped up.

just saw 11:11 today, about an hour ago...and was oddly relevant as usual. :confused:

I have always seen it as some kind of confirmation, sometimes about spellwork that I am working on...sometimes differently. I have never read about this phenomenon until this thread.

dminoz

I had a wave of ":11" a few days ago, but it's stopped (edit: except when I posted this; my clock said 7:11. doh!)

I've looked at the Solara stuff, as per Fool's_Fool's amazon link above, and the web site coonected with her group, but I just can't find any interest in all that woofly new age stuff. If they want to dance like stars and wait for the next 'convergence' (whatever that is) to change their llives and have it achieve nothing (like the last one), good luck to them, but it smells like a cult to me.

Having said that, though, and made myself sound like a hidebound cynic in the process, I'm totally sure that 11:11 is real, it happens, and that it means something. (And I'm well acquainted with the patient eye-rolling what-meds-are-you-on response to 11:11 -- I get it from my wife all the time.)

So in terms of tarot, I was wondering whether there could be anything in the fact that 11:11 suggests 11+11, and there are 22 major acarna. (Or is it just another conincidence.) Can the majors be divided somehow into two groups of 11?

I was working with the A (Southern) sequence discussed here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=54623,
and found this interesting:

0 - Fool
1 - Juggler.........11 - Wheel
2 - Papess.........12 - Hermit
3 - Empress.......13 - Traitor
4 - Emperor........14 - Death
5 - Pope............15 - Devil
6 - Love............16 - Tower
7 - Temperance...17 - Star
8 - Justice..........18 - Moon
9 - Strength........19 - Sun
10 - Chariot.........20 - World
........................21 - Angel

There are some interesting pairs there (e.g. the Pope and the Devil, clearly visual opposites; Temperance and the Star; the Lovers and the Tower; Strength and the Sun) but it's just a start; I'm still playing around with it.

I'm using the Hadar Marseille deck for the above. I tried using the Marseille ordering, and couldn't see any interesting relationships (but that might be because I've never found the Marseille ordering to feel right). It could also be interesting to see whether there could be a layout that has the Wheel as the centre, between two groups.

mythos

dminoz said:
:) There is also the very interesting fact that the Mayan calendar cycle ends on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:11. That, for some reason, resonates with me. I'll dig up a link for more on that.

Read an interesting book on this ... pity that I can't remember the anthropologist or whatever 'ologist' it was who wrote it or it's name. Essentially he pointed out that just because the Mayan calendar ends then doesn't mean that it can't be read past that time ... only that the reading of it stopped there. Maybe the Mayan time-keeper was sick of working out times and dates so far into the future, or maybe he got hit by climate change and died, or maybe he just got sick and died before he passed on his knowledge. The fact is that we don't know.

I have seen 11:11 heaps of times, but given the statistical probability of seeing it in our complex world (no I don't know what that stitistically probability is - I'm just making this up as I go along), seeing 11:11 doesn't seem too surprising to me; but even if we just consider that we could easily see it at least twice every day on a digital clock, we know that seeing it is not too strange or unusual. If it was: 2a90pG1:6yh36X that kept popping up all over the planet, I think that we could, at least statistically, consider that something was happening that warranted further exploration. Do I put any credence in seeing 11:11 a lot? No! Why? Primarily because most of the people I know who are 11:11ing also believed that they would also be whisked off in a space ship when the world as we knew it ended with the millenium. Lovely people, but not exactly walking around with their feet on the ground.

Okay so maybe I am so grounded that I am up to my neck in dirt ... so just because I express this load of drivel doesn't mean that I expect you to douse the flames of your excitement. Enjoy it! Life is an adventure! Maybe one day I'll be walking under the great big digital clock near Richmond Station(if it is still there) and exactly at 11:11 it will drop on me crushing me, and as I expire, a voice will say ... "See, I told you so!"

So explore your discovery but also remember the 'Cocktail Party Effect'. You are in a room jam packed full of people, involved in an interesting conversation with a smaller group of people. The noise level is high and suddenly you hear your name ... your attention is immediately diverted to where you heard it. This is the Cocktail Part effect. If we took in all the external and internal stimuli that surrounds us, we would go nuts, so we hear or attend selectively. Our names trigger our attention... and if 11:11 is in your current mind-set as an interesting thing ... so too will it trigger your attention.

Whether it is meaningful or not is a whole other issue ... and remember, we attach meaning.... Or, as Jung said "Humanity came to its gods by accepting the reality of the symbol ...."

Oh goddess, I feel like a cold-water douser. I don't mean to be, I am merely encouraging a balanced consideration of the issues at hand.... and enjoy it!

hugs
mythos:)