2008 "Tarot Goodies to Go Through!"

Disa

I'm also planning to spend more time with decks I already own.

The Well Worn Path
The Hidden Path
Ogham the Celtic Oracle
Celtic Oracle, the ancient art of Druidism
The Pagan Tarot

Those will be my main focus this year.

I'm sure I will fluctuate between misc tarot decks for fun, but as far as really delving into them, I think I've made up my mind just to focus on those for this year to gain a better understanding of the decks that really resonate with me.

Disa

Logiatrix

It took all year for me to get my list of decks down to only what I use, and then along came the holidays... ;)

My beloved and I celebrated Yule, but he acted more like Santa Claus; he gifted me with four decks! He hit a great sale at one of our favorite metaphysical shops and (with a little help) purchased for me the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, Tarot of the Cloisters, Tarot of the Cat People, and the Baseball Tarot (it was the baseball deck that I had asked for). Of course I love that he spoiled me, but I especially appreciate that he took it upon himself to carefully choose those other decks.
:love:

The NOVT will need lots of study, which I look forward to. The Cloisters is mostly familliar in symbolism, but will still get the admiring looking-over it deserves. I've already owned that particular cat tarot before (don't tell my beloved!), but shall happily revisit it... :D

Also, on Christmas, my parents gifted me the Healing with the Fairies Oracle I had asked for (replacing an old one), and the Da Vinci Tarot. The tarot was a wonderful and endearing surprise, and looks to be another one I will be studying in 2008.
:)

EDIT: Oops! I forgot to mention the Tarot of the Dead, a Samhain gift I have yet to fully appreciate. Might go well with the Voodoo deck, as an accompanying focus of study. Looks like a full tarot year!
:thumbsup:

MysticalMoose

Wow I Look forward to hearing updates throughout 2008 of how everyone is progressing with their tarot adventures & what else has magically added itself to the lists! lol.
I am chomping at the bit to get my Merryday which should be here hopefully late next week :D:D:D so I shall spend many delicious hours with it. Also my Revelations & Mystic Faeries will receive plenty of attention... & over the past week I have been drawn back to my Gilded after it has sat unused for months & now I cant leave it alone, suddenly its become the 1st deck I reach for. I have just received the Arthurian & Celtic Tarots as well as The Witches Tarot so hopefully Il find time for them too! I might even find time to go to work!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

:love: MM :D

Cerulean

Been talking with the Celestial...that is...Celestial Tarot!

...in a study way, I can say that my daily studies the past week was the Celestial Tarot in preparation of a New Year's spread and doing more reading with this deck and book. The nice notes here reminded me of some old favorites and I was able to locate them as I clean and re-arrange things.

I found for relaxation that I've been admiring a new calendar. The Barnes and Noble "Tarot Calendar"--which features the re-done "Visconti Gold" from Lo Scarabeo--there is about 26 images of the majors and two courts, at least, with the titles and borders. I do not know if I can do a reading a week, but I plan to use this desk calendar for reading spreads or card draws. I thought it was nice there was an attempt at describing the majors or courts shown on one page in a text sidebar. Pretty calendar for tarot notes!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?r=1&ean=9780760792827

I had planned a Victorian Romantic comparison with the Bohemian Gothic and that will cheerfully await arrival of my pre-order. I'm re-arranging decks and such, so have mislaid my Navigators for now...

Glad to hear others are getting into their renewed or new delights!

Cerulean

SolSionnach

I just pulled out Shining Woman again - and I'm adding it to the other three decks I'm looking at: Greenwood, Wheel of Change, Maat and Shining Woman. I'm thinking of ordering the Shining Tribe, just to see what Rachel came up with that was different.

I was amazed to look at the deck again - it had a different effect on me this time, like coming home. I hate that the Tribe version loses the Nazca thunderbird on the 10 of birds, oh well. the "woman" version is so nice and petite - narrower than Hanson-Roberts, but a bit longer. :)

thorhammer

sravana said:
I just pulled out Shining Woman again - and I'm adding it to the other three decks I'm looking at: Greenwood, Wheel of Change, Maat and Shining Woman. I'm thinking of ordering the Shining Tribe, just to see what Rachel came up with that was different.

I was amazed to look at the deck again - it had a different effect on me this time, like coming home. I hate that the Tribe version loses the Nazca thunderbird on the 10 of birds, oh well. the "woman" version is so nice and petite - narrower than Hanson-Roberts, but a bit longer. :)
Oh, sravana, you've made me miss mine all over again! It was my first deck ever, and it's so far away from me with no hope of getting it any time soon! :(

2008 for me holds many merry hours with my MerryDay and the approaching companion book and the study group, and hopefully a lot of time with my Babylonian as well, as it's so awesome to read with.

boxxleman's Thoth is making its ponderous way to me, and I mean to take seriously the honour of being its guardian and annoy the hell out of all the Thoth-ers here!

I've got the Pearls of Wisdom (can't WAIT!!!), Deviant Moon, Magical Forest and the Mona Lisa set coming, too, but not for many moons yet, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm looking forward to putting the MerryDay and Pearls of Wisdom side by side, as well as the UF and MonaLisa.

Also got 21 Ways (Greer) on the way, so study grouping it right up!

And then it's CLEAR THE DECKS :)D:D:D:D) for the Transparent!!!

\m/ Kat

Melvis

Cerulean, I received that "Art of Tarot" calendar for Christmas this year! I really like it. I'm trying to come up with something creative to do with it. I was thinking of pulling a card a day from a different deck each day until I go through them all. I'm so bad a keeping up with things like this, though.

Oh well, this is the time to make resolutions, isn't it? :D I resolve to fill up my calendar this year!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

kisou

I actually am planning on starting some serious study on the Amano Tarot that was gifted to me back in September for my birthday. I tried to get into it back then, but I was so wrapped up in the LS Manga that I had to put it aside for a little while.

I was planning on getting Greer's "21 Ways..." book to really get me to explore the Amano deck since it just feels like there's a never ending series of things to look at in all those cards; it's really overwhelming! But then again, I like feasts of details and intricate things to look at.

Little Hare

study will be;

The Fey
Rider Waite

I also want to get my hands on two of LS newest that are coming out
*Tarot of pirates
*Tarot of angels