Is there something wrong with me...

AJ

And Ric with have some new tarot candy you can't resist...
Want some tarot little girl?

I know what you mean though, we joined here about the same time and are probably at about the same stage. I have so many wonderful decks, and have traded/sold twice that many I didn't love. My wish list is short and I could care less what's on Ebay. It is a comfortable stage, no rage for the next deck, content and happy. I hope it lasts, for me anyway.

.traveller.

It's been going on for a while (dare I say how long?), but last night I went shopping with the intent to buy a tarot deck. Nothing tempted. Maybe it's my allergies to blame, or perhaps I am merely in a consolidating phase that is lasting longer than usual. I pulled out a deck I haven't worked with in ages (Cosmic) and decided to carry it with me for a while.

I don't like feeling so indifferent.

Bad magic, hmmm? :laugh: })

Morwenna

Consolidating as a good way to think of it. Also, you may be at the point where it really doesn't matter which cards you use; you've probably internalized the concepts enough that note cards with the names of the cards written on them would do the trick. In a way, that's enviable. Of course it doesn't help if what you really want to do is expand your art collection, but, well... :)

franniee

I am with you too. Nothing new has interested me. I have a lot of decks. There was a time when I couldn't get enough but now there is nothing tempting me.....and a bunch of decks that I have I could do without..... but like Alta said there are cycles ..... something will grab me again. Right now I've been collecting junk for my oracle or rocks and such......

Morwenna

Well, to be fair, most of the decks that still tempt me are either OOP or available only on line or something...

Le Fanu

.traveller. said:
I used to actually care what deck I carried with me on any given day, but lately any deck will do.
If you think about it, for the really serious tarotist, this should actually be the case. We should actually be able to grab and go with any deck whatsoever. Maybe it means you have got beyond the whole like/dislike thing, and have now risen above it!

franniee

So I just went through my closet and I have 16 decks that I am bring to the RS to trade away and I was being conservative. There are so many more I could throw in there...... decks that are collectors items that I don't care about! I don't like collecting for the sake of collecting... if I am not going to use it I want it to go to someone who will..... that being said I have some that I just love to look at! })

nisaba

AJ said:
And Ric with have some new tarot candy you can't resist...
Want some tarot little girl?
<starts drooling> Yep, what do I have to do?

.traveller.

Why do I get the feeling that Nisaba's desire for new tarots never wanes?

victoria.star

This is an interesting thread!
I too have felt the wane of late...much easier on the ol' PayPal account yet I have questioned my lack of desire...
Is it the last of the winter doldrums for me? Before I shake them off entirely and embrace Spring for all of its tender flowers and warming winds?
Is it a lifechange, they always come so suddenly for me? As I move from naive child into understanding and accepting adult?
Is it that there is something brewing in my life that is about to pounce on me?
Am I saving my energies for the next onslaught?

If only all the answers were before me! However, I am reminded of Isak Dinesen's line in Out of Africa: "God made the World round so we could not see too far down the road..."

Perhaps I just need to let go, to surrender and not question--just be.