"Double deck"

Kangiska

Hi Rachelcat,

Thank you for your point of view :)

It would be interesting to get ideas about why put some decks together... tarot or oracle.

Thanks

Kangiska

rachelcat

See what you made me do?! :)

I had to REbuy the Dream Cards AND buy the RWS Centenary deck to make my two double decks:

RWS with New Vision/Vice Versa
and
Tarot of Metamorphosis with Dream Inspirational Cards

Now what do I do with them? I've shuffled them together and drawn a few cards. And found FAB cases for them -- zippered makeup bags, black for the Dreamy deck and brown for the RWSV deck, both with big white polka dots! But I haven't gotten up the guts to do real readings with them yet.

If I get REALLY ambitious, I'll offer readings here! Stay tuned!

Kangiska

As I put the RW and the Vice/Versa together too

What about offering readings together?

Greetings

Kangiska

GoldenWolf

I'm interested in hearing how those of you who are combining the LoS decks do it. Are you doing a single spread from the decks shuffled together or two versions of the same spread either side by side or top and bottom with the decks kept separately?

This is an terrific concept. I'd just like more specifics as to how you all are doing this.

rachelcat

Hey, Kangiska, good idea to do readings together. Maybe we should start with reading for each other. Just let me know!

Hi, GoldenWolf. Well, I haven't done any "real" readings with the double decks yet, but I have shuffled the decks together. Instead of doing side by side readings or having designated spread positions for the different decks, since the cards are exactly the same size, I just spread out the reading using a regular spread with whatever card comes up next in the pile. I'm thinking it would be fun to try out a really big spread to accommodate the larger number of cards, but any spread would certainly do fine.

One thing I've noticed with the RWSV double deck is that it gives a wider variety of directions the people in the cards face. Since I don't use reversals, this is cool way to have a chance of getting, say, a Knight of Pentacles that faces right or left! Which could mean he's looking to the past or future, or could mean he's bringing his coin to the person in the card on the left or right.

And in the Meta-Dream deck, I'm still fascinated with the combination of a very keyword-based oracle card in the same spread with a more suggestive, multi-layered tarot card. Still thinking about that one . . .

Kangiska

Hi Rachelcat,

That seems like a good idea :)

I have a question, I asked it here on the forum already, but the answer had nothing to do with my question, as it was too fatalistic.

I lost my job and I would not simply like to know about my situation (I know that well enough), but if there is something I can do right now to change it ... and if yes, what

Do you have a reading for that?

Tell me about your question, if you have one.

Hi Golden Wolf

As tarot often helps me to change my point of view, I use the two decks together, so it can happen that I get two views of the same situation.

Greetings

Kangiska

Kangiska

Hi Rachelcat,

Thank you very much :)

Greetings

Kangiska

garmonbozia

What design does the Tarot of the New Vision have on the back of its cards?
Do these match the backs of any RWS decks?

I would like to try combining these decks but want it to look like one large deck if possible (cannot tell which deck the card is from by looking at the backs).

Thanks for your help!

rachelcat

Well, the backs don't really match. The backs of the New Vision are a mirror image (reversable) of the Ace of Pentacles in a deep blue, like the color of blue pen ink. The backs of the RWS Centenary deck are the lovely roses and lilies pattern in an almost turquoise blue.

But that's why I shuffled them together. Yeah, it bugs me a little that I can see from the backs how poorly I've shuffled!, but that way you just take the card from the top of the pile with no choosing involved, so it's random.

(I think I already said this, but the reason I use the LS RWS Cententary deck is because it's LS standard card size and card stock, which IS a perfect match with the New Vision.)

Hope this helps!