Long-term feedback?

MandMaud

I agree that a thread from the sitter, if they've had loads of people read for them on a particular issue, is a great way of giving out the feedback. That often wouldn't apply, though. I wouldn't want to see a rule about it or any system that enforced it, that would feel too "heavy".

Nineveh

Yes, I do appreciate the long term feedback. It makes me smile but I am not gung ho about predictions.

Ace

Yes, I do appreciate the long term feedback. It makes me smile but I am not gung ho about predictions.

You and me both! But to find out if the reading broke them out of a rut? that would be lovely to find out later.
Ace

zannamarie

I have given some long-term feedback from readings here on AT. Sometimes I've posted in the thread, but mostly I think I've PM'd the info.

I've also had some others PM me about subsequent developments that matched the reading. That's always nice to hear. :)

Marirowana

Great to read all your experiences, thank you :)

What a fantastic thread! Absolutely! FB is so vital for learning and improvement as a reader!! And it is true that the concept of "time" is a bit fluid so what shows in a reading may eventually take years to develop. I wonder how this FB would help though if some people (like me, guilty as charged) do not keep their readings recorded.... Would that be even feasible ?

I didn't think of that, I don't really keep all the readings I do very organized either... If someone comes back with feedback after a year, I will have no idea what they are talking about in some cases :D

So, note to myself: when I give longterm feedback, include the reading ;)

I agree that a thread from the sitter, if they've had loads of people read for them on a particular issue, is a great way of giving out the feedback. That often wouldn't apply, though. I wouldn't want to see a rule about it or any system that enforced it, that would feel too "heavy".

No it certainly shouldn't be a rule, people keep appearing and disappearing continuously on the forum and therw will be too many disappointments if either the reader of the querent is gone after a certain time. It should be something spontaneous, a little surprise :)

Grizabella

I haven't read all the posts in the thread, but I wanted to comment anyway. I really love long term feedback when people are gracious and give it to me. I haven't gone back and looked on my exchanges to see what the time factor is, but several people have given me an update by PM or in threads where their reading is. It's very much appreciated. The ones on the Reading Exchange forum would be within the last 6 or so months, I think, but in real life, I've also gotten updated as much as two years on from the reading.

I don't remember most readings once they're done. I remember that I've read for someone but I don't remember the details. I've seen other readers say the same. I think it's supposed to be that way. It's always nice, though, and I appreciate it a lot when someone comes back to update me. I think it would be neat if it were a tradition here on AT to get long-term feedback in the exchange forum, but it's probably not feasible. It's not something that should be required but it would be nice if people did it more.

nisaba

I was wondering if anyone has ever given or received long-term feedback on their readings.
I *love* long-term feedback. The best kind you can have is: "I had a reading when you were working at [name of place you haven't worked in for ten years], and it was brilliant, and I've only just found you again."

Many readings are about situations that are still developing, or about the next couple of months or years. But we all give feedback immediately, saying it 'resonates' or not, while we can't even know it yet.
In exchanges, I'm now happy to give in-depth feedback to analytical stuff, but when people make a flat-out prediction, I'll say something like "It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds in time." You can't give any other form of feedback for future-dependent stuff, not honestly.

Grizabella

I agree with nisaba. The future stuff you really can't give feedback about at the time because it hasn't happened yet. That's why I like the feedback later on down the road. It's good to hear feedback at the time of the reading for things you can give feedback on, though. I never really expect feedback on anything that I see for a future happening. Just knowing whether the past and present are good is a fairly good sign that the reading is on the right track, the way I see it.

danieljuk

I love feedback in any form because unless it's forced here by the rules you don't often get it. I think it's very brave as well when people tell you that the reading doesn't fit them. I learn so much from it.

In the last week I got long term feedback from an old reading I did on here (6 months ago) and truthfully I forgot all about it! It's lovely to get long term feedback and so always think about doing it if you can remember! This reading covered the 6 months and so nice to see how it unfolded. Made my day that day :)

I always try to pm or reply to threads with longer feedback but if something is spot on I always try to contact the person again :) :thumbsup:

nisaba

I never really expect feedback on anything that I see for a future happening. Just knowing whether the past and present are good is a fairly good sign that the reading is on the right track, the way I see it.

<grin> I was working out of a place some years ago, and the owner was in the habit of asking clients what they thought of their readings (so as to decide whether to keep the readers, I suppose), and she had a good laugh with me afterwards when a client said of a reading I gave them: "she was spot-on about the past, she was spot-on about the present, she was spot-on about my feelings, but I'm sure she's completely wrong about the future."

It still strikes me as being really funny.