Long-term feedback?

Marirowana

I was wondering if anyone has ever given or received long-term feedback on their readings.

Many readings are about situations that are still developing, or about the next couple of months or years. But we all give feedback immediately, saying it 'resonates' or not, while we can't even know it yet.

I'm keeping the readings people did for me in a central place, with the date and name etc., and I'm planning on using it for coming back to someone after a year or so, to tell them how things worked out. Not for every reading ofcourse, but for the relevant ones.

Would you even appreciate such feedback? I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences :)

dancing_moon

Curiously, I've been thinking along the same lines lately. :D As a reader I'd really appreciate this kind of feedback!

The most 'long-term' feedback I've received so far was under a year and mostly when the sitter just forgot to feedback me in time. :rolleyes: And it was really helpful both for me and for them, since priorities change, and the things that mattered a year ago sometimes don't matter that much later and can be seen more or less objectively and in prospective.

This is a great idea, I'm definitely going to look through my old exchanges. :thumbsup:

porcupines

I do this too. I have many important readings stored in my Evernote. With the date and name of reader. If anything really does come through I PM people and let them know. Recently I saw someone make a thread on the reading exchange saying: for everyone who read on my new business here is feedback. I think that was a very good idea too. I wish I would have done that after my frantic six month long job search ordeal. I kept interacting with readers in different parts of the forum and they kept asking me if I had gotten a job yet or not haha.

Any suggestions for better ways to leave feedback over time are greatly appreciated!

Marirowana

Curiously, I've been thinking along the same lines lately. :D As a reader I'd really appreciate this kind of feedback!

The most 'long-term' feedback I've received so far was under a year and mostly when the sitter just forgot to feedback me in time. :rolleyes: And it was really helpful both for me and for them, since priorities change, and the things that mattered a year ago sometimes don't matter that much later and can be seen more or less objectively and in prospective.

This is a great idea, I'm definitely going to look through my old exchanges. :thumbsup:

I'd appreciate it too, as a reader :)

Indeed, priorities change and I think with the fresh look of the future you're more capable of giving actual feedback... Learning process dor both.

I do this too. I have many important readings stored in my Evernote. With the date and name of reader. If anything really does come through I PM people and let them know. Recently I saw someone make a thread on the reading exchange saying: for everyone who read on my new business here is feedback. I think that was a very good idea too. I wish I would have done that after my frantic six month long job search ordeal. I kept interacting with readers in different parts of the forum and they kept asking me if I had gotten a job yet or not haha.

Any suggestions for better ways to leave feedback over time are greatly appreciated!

Yes I saw that post as well, and it made me think about it ;) But I would prefer a PM.

And I'm using Evernote too, I think that works just great :)

ana luisa

What a fantastic thread! Absolutely! FB is so vital for learning and improvement as a reader!! And it is true that the concept of "time" is a bit fluid so what shows in a reading may eventually take years to develop. I wonder how this FB would help though if some people (like me, guilty as charged) do not keep their readings recorded.... Would that be even feasible ?

dlgriffin04

Most of the readings I do are for friends, family, and acquaintances on FB, so sometimes I'll have someone message me to give updated feedback. It's usually like, "hey, remember that reading you did, and you said this would happen? Well, it happened.". So, it's usually because something I saw in the cards finally played itself out and reminded them of the reading. Updated feedback is always appreciated though!

FB is also convenient too because sometimes I'll notice status updates on people I've read for and the predictions I gave come through for them. One girl I read for, I told her she'd be moving back to her home state, she didn't believe that at the time, but several months later she announced on FB that she was moving back home. Even though she didn't message me directly, it's still enough confirmation for me.

I really need to start saving some of the readings I do for others! A couple weeks ago I had someone message me and say, "Remember that reading you did for me back in March?"...."umm..." LOL. So, it would've really helped if I could've went back to see what cards I pulled and what I told her.

Ace

I would be a lot of fun to see. If some of these "does he love me?" I am reading about a recent break up...." threads would comment back after a year. When they say, "I forgot about that" or "I got over that" I would feel a lot better.
Ace

Simple

I appreciate any feedback. Although I don't record and keep track of my reading, it makes me happy or feel more confident when someone gives me a positive feedback, especially if it's further out.

MandMaud

I always intend to give the feedback after I know more of the outcome - sometimes many months ahead. I do keep a note, if I ask somthing long-term, and I've surprised a few people who read for me by turning up later with the fb! But I haven't mastered being organisd enough to do this reliably, and when I read for others i struggle even to keep up with prodding them if they forget... :grin:

Disa

I think Long term feedback is valuable and I always appreciate it when it's given. Most of my readings are readings for friends, family, and their friends and family, and people online. At the time of the reading they don't all give much feedback, but there are a few instances I specifically remember getting feeback way after the fact- one where a friend had asked me about the timing of something and I told her I wasn't really great at timing and had no system for it, but intuitively it felt like Autumn 2009. I think I told her this in 2006 or 2007. By the time it happened I had forgotten all about it until she said- hey it happened when you said it would!!! That was kinda cool.

I do keep my online readings for others on file, and I have my personal readings written in a book. When a person pops up to say such and such happened it's really great to hear it, but I never really expect to. Occasionally I look back on my own personal readings and realize some of it did come to pass.

I don't do many readings here, so I'm not sure what system could be developed-but it sounds like a good idea.