reluctance to take the cards out?

donnalee

Yup: when i feel overwhelmed by all the other saspects of life, i get an aversion to them and to other things that seem like they will demand more from me and somehow not give enough to me. Good luck finding the right time for you.

Do you have times when you can't make yourself go near the cards, even when you (on another level) deeply want to? If so, have you worked out what triggers this, and/or what to do about it? Or maybe it doesn't worry you?

I was forced away from tarot three months ago by life landing on me quite hard, various situations that together took all my attention and energy for a few weeks. Since then I've been busy with the backlog and fallout from that, and only now can really sit back a bit. I mean to the point that I can catch up with a friend or spend an evening doing nothing, which literally I couldn't for weeks.

I've been longing to reconnect with my decks and to get back to AT and you lot :) and generally to give my spiritual side more nourishment than I've managed since July. I am getting back into real meditation rather than the hasty "half-hearted" quick fixes. But with tarot it's like an aversion. I can sit and look at a deck across the room, wanting to read, hating the thought of it.

Not really asking for remedies - this will pass - simply whether anyone else gets this too.

MandMaud

It's nice to find this is normal. Well, as normal as tarot reading gets. ;)

I'm not being hard on myself - and yes, donnalee, it could be the balance between "give" and "get". But when I do get back to the cards I always find I get more than I give - the only "drain" is logging readings and the feeling that I should be looking back at my records, so I drop that without question; not working towards any exam!

And thanks for the welcome back, danieljuk :)