Seasoning a deck

KMilliron

My idea if seasoning is making stories to tell basically. ^^

LadyAlyJ

These stories are incredible. I love the depictions of the connection you all have with your decks, how they have become an extension of yourself. Being new to tarot and only having new decks I don't have any stories like these. I can only hope that one day I will have wonderful stories like these to share.

Namaste!

nisaba

How come i've never heard of seasoning a deck?

but could someone care to explain....

what's seasoning?)

Breaking in. Training up. Getting the deck working properly. Getting it to look broken-in and used.

I am amused - there are regularly threads where people freak out because their brand-new decks have the first signs of use on them, and they panic and ask if they have to throw it away and buy a new copy.

I find decks work perfectly as soon as you take off the shrink-wrap - they don't need seasoning. They also work just fine when they are old and battered and faded - they don't need to be thrown away and replaced at the first mark on them.

someones_princess

Bringing this back from the dead.

I am currently trying to break in my Raven's Prophecy as the card stock is too new for me haha. I think the Stretch Tarot it going to become my seasoned deck. It's stock is just awesome and it has the nicest stories to tell

nisaba

<smile> Let us know how they both settle down with time and use.