Selenite- who uses it, and how do you feel

stonesatiety

I've had a clear slab of selenite lying parallel beneath me as I sleep for years. Sometimes other stones rest on it, other times not. Stones definitely balance and perk up energetically after resting on or near the selenite bar! I have a spiral selenite wand that I haven't used yet, an orange selenite sphere that sits mid-house right now and a milky-white selenite sphere gifted to me by a friend. Nobody wanted it! I also have a clear, fishtail selenite shaped like a fir tree. This piece has livelier energy than the other selenite here.

After holding the wand parallel with my pup, feeling the spiralling energy for a minute or so, he got up to play with the cat. Selenite can be energizing! This wand has a rainbow fluorite base cap, the liquid feel of which contrasts nicely with selenite's dry feel. Wow, I suddenly feel like cleaning the house. Dangerous stuff!

Good advice to be careful with selenite, such a soft stone.

inanna_tarot

Love it! My scrying ball is Selenite and I have had amazing results with it. Also my wand and centre crystal for my grids is always selenite. I could buy a LOT of it :D

Richard

I have a selenite merkaba, about 2.5" on the longest diagonal. It seems very otherworldly, as if it doesn't really exist in this dimension.

shelikes2read

I haven't got the satin spar version of Selenite, but what I DO have is Selenite in the form known as a Desert Rose. Very fascinating stone (and delicate, so it needs to be handled carefully). It's a formation that a person can just lose themselves in examining its details.

Another name for Selenite is Gypsum, and I've seen some samples of that which don't resemble satin spar Selenite. Very interesting stone.

Incidentally, I didn't know, until reading the above Wikipedia link, that Alabaster is a form of Gypsum, and so is plaster of Paris. File it under "You learn something new every day". :)

sedgeez

I have a selenite sphere and I use it before and during tarot reading. It really helps bring out my intuitive side.

Inanna_tarot, how is it to scry with? I've considered using it but I'm new to scrying and didn't know if it would be any good :)

Glass Owl

Kitties LOVE Selenite.

Oh yes, my cats like my selenite chuck, so much so that they knocked it off of my mantle. (I think they were trying to lay on top of it or around it.) :eek: Sadly, some big sections of it broke off but with some gentle filing I was able to smooth it out a bit. So now instead of being squarish it is more triangular. But I keep it far away from the cats now.

This thread reminds me that I should look for a smaller piece of Selenite, something that I can put near my bed.