herbs for Reflux and symptoms?

Priestess

I was told to stay well away from asprin because it could cause more harm than good to the stomach lining. I think that's another thing you need to be careful of. I find eating small amounts helps. Not letting yourself get to that full feeling.

Drink plenty of water too as I was told that not having enough fluids can cause it too??? Not sure on that one but have noticed if I do drink more it doesn't seem to bother me as badly.

skyfiery

Coming a bit late into this thread (and also new here), but I also suffer from reflux/GERD. I've been going through chiropractic adjustments for the past six months, and my reflux has improved greatly. It used to be I had to take antacids almost every night of the week. Nowadays, I need to take it perhaps twice in a few weeks.

I know it's not a herbal remedy, but you might want to try it out.

Sky

Della

Ive emailed this thread to my other half as he suffers from acid reflux and takes lansoprazole for it. He still gets reflux even with medication. I just wan't to know what GERD and OTC stand for.

greatdane

Hi Della

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic digestive disease that occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, bile flows back (refluxes) into your food pipe (esophagus). and OTC stands for over-the-counter (as in no prescription necessary). Hope that helps.

Della

Thank you, that does help as i wasn't sure of their meanings :)

Hildegard

Drink plenty of water too as I was told that not having enough fluids can cause it too??? Not sure on that one but have noticed if I do drink more it doesn't seem to bother me as badly.
So true, my son has GERD since he was a baby. And a couple of mounths back he was not drinking enought water and was so much worst, had some related episodes before but this time was obvious... Specially for children I go for chammomille and mate.

strangebrew

So true, my son has GERD since he was a baby. And a couple of mounths back he was not drinking enought water and was so much worst, had some related episodes before but this time was obvious... Specially for children I go for chammomille and mate.

I had some very troublesome stomach/digestive probs and took slippery elm with peppermint and it healed within days

Hope that helps !

x