Looking forward to the WILD Kuan Yin Oracle!

The Happy Squirrel

I'll have to read up about those decks Madrigal. I used to think i'd never be an oracle person, but i really have cleared so much mental space w/ this one, that makes me understand that they have capabilities tarot doesn't. [i shouldn't say that; a better tarot reader perhaps than myself could]. Maybe that's a thread topic. Or maybe there is a thread.

This is similar to how I feel, sort of, after in a moment of total frazzled-ness I just could not do tarot or lenormand, and the one oracle deck I had at the time just helped so much...

Madrigal

I have been looking at the Mother Mary oracle for awhile now.....

What i like about it is that it liberates Mary from a solely Christian paradigm and allows her some breathing space in a much larger landscape. The paintings span the realm of earthy and ethereal, sensual and restrained. They're full of life and give her the much-needed dimension that IMO she truly embodies. The LWB isn't bad, heart-felt, tender even in places but not necessarily sugar-coated. Most of the visualizations are good, too. What doesn't resonate I simply compost.

The Happy Squirrel

What i like about it is that it liberates Mary from a solely Christian paradigm and allows her some breathing space in a much larger landscape. The paintings span the realm of earthy and ethereal, sensual and restrained. They're full of life and give her the much-needed dimension that IMO she truly embodies. The LWB isn't bad, heart-felt, tender even in places but not necessarily sugar-coated. Most of the visualizations are good, too. What doesn't resonate I simply compost.

I get that sense too but only by browsing online. But something is stopping me from pulling the trigger I am not sure what it is. Perhaps some of the images. Maybe my own idea of her, the first spiritual entity I understood prayers with as a child was the blessed mother, who I could most easily relate to of all the images presented to me within the Catholic Church. Not sure.

Compost?

Madrigal

I get that sense too but only by browsing online. But something is stopping me from pulling the trigger I am not sure what it is. Perhaps some of the images. Maybe my own idea of her, the first spiritual entity I understood prayers with as a child was the blessed mother, who I could most easily relate to of all the images presented to me within the Catholic Church. Not sure.

Compost?

Compost...ya know, offering up what doesn't work for you to be used by various other bodies. Maybe the devas could use it, or the bodhisattvas, the angels, djinn...

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this deck based on your already conscious relationship with Her. I could do a one-card draw for you with it if you like.

The Happy Squirrel

Compost...ya know, offering up what doesn't work for you to be used by various other bodies. Maybe the devas could use it, or the bodhisattvas, the angels, djinn...

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this deck based on your already conscious relationship with Her. I could do a one-card draw for you with it if you like.

Ah!

Oooo one draw card. Sure! [emoji4]

Madrigal

Ah!

Oooo one draw card. Sure! [emoji4]

Okey dokey, Happy Squirrel. Do you have a specific question or do you want to focus on what you need to know about deepening with Mary through this deck? I'll have to post the results in the readings section though to do it justice and I'll include a pic etc.

The Happy Squirrel

Okey dokey, Happy Squirrel. Do you have a specific question or do you want to focus on what you need to know about deepening with Mary through this deck? I'll have to post the results in the readings section though to do it justice and I'll include a pic etc.

Ooooo my first!! I think the second one :)

Dark Victory '39

I'm looking forward to seeing this one card draw, Madrigal. I'm just intrigued at how other people use their oracle decks. So far i've been quite married to the text on this WK-yin, and while my original impression was that Alana fairchild was trying to incorporate too much for each card, i've reconsidered. as my specific experience has been that there is a two sentence or so nugget that exactly addresses the question i asked in a somewhat profound way-- by that logic, if my nugget is say on page 15 paragraph 20, someone else's nugget might two paragraphs up. Or me at a different time. I hope at some point someone who isn't in crisis mode uses this oracle and shares their exp.

I'm reading Stephen Levine's Becoming kuan Yin: the evolution of compassion. My library had it and i promptly went out to see what i could scour in the way of kuan yin heritage. I'm enjoying the book, reminds me of the metta meditation practice i used to do, and perhaps should get back into.

Madrigal

Okay, Happy Squirrel, your reading is here.