Certified Angel Card Reader course

Pippa_tarot

Hi everyone,

I hope this post is in the right category - I wasn't sure where was best for it to go.

I wondered if anyone on here has completed the Doreen Virtue Certified Angel Card Reader course. Either the online version or the physical course.

Could you tell me how you found it? What was the content like? Did the course impact your readings in any way? What did you take away from it and what did you like/dislike? etc

I'm thinking of booking on the online course, but it's expensive. So I wanted to do a bit of homework first.

Thanks,
Pippa x

Grizabella

I'm not familiar with the Doreen Virtue cards and courses themselves, but from what I've heard, the cards she makes, even though one is called Tarot, aren't clearly Tarot, so if you're interested in learning actual Tarot reading, it might not be very penny-wise to take one of the courses she offers. There's a deck called the Connolly deck that's more of a Christian-slanted Tarot that you might be better off to learn.

The very best Tarot education you could ever get is right here on this forum. A paid subscription to give you access to all the added sub-forums and regular participation here is a very well-rounded Tarot education and you get much more of a variety of views than taking a course taught by one individual for a tiny fraction of the cost of the other lessons.

MissNine

I was looking into the course but I'd read one of Doreen's books while in a bookstore - it was a small book and something about angel messages. As I read the book, it seemed to weave in more statements that told the reader to not be scared so long as you do things how the author says. That occurred so much, I put the book down and decided against the class. The scare tactics seemed to try and give readers the sense that they can't do this without the author. And that's more a selling tactic than encouragement. I have two of Doreen's angel decks. I know other AT members have them too. I don't think the class would teach you anything you don't already know. Plus, the key to mastering her angel cards is practice and that is a solo thing. Just how I saw it and why I decided against further literature from Doreen Virtue.

ETA: if the certification would help you gain clients, then awesome. I personally have never been asked if I had such a certification, so the class isn't something worth spending money on.

Citrin

Maybe ask yourself what you want to get out of taking that course? :) If you want to learn how to read tarot/angel cards/oracles then I personally Believe you can do that by gettings lots of practice, learning from this forum, and learning from books. If you want to be a "certified angel reader" to attract more clients and put it on your resume, then yeah I guess her course is the only way to do it.

Tanga

...it seemed to weave in more statements that told the reader to not be scared so long as you do things how the author says...

Doreen, I think, has a fear herself - which leaches into her cards and writing.

gregory

I know many people who have found her oracle decks hugely helpful, but I think the connection needs to be made by the reader, and I don't think a course would help. Certification is something that totally doesn't interest me, and if I did want it - in this context I'd want it from an actual angel....

It's a LOT of money.What - honestly - would you have got for that money at the end ? A certificate saying that she thinks you are OK. For a minimum of $497 for the on line course. I don't think it's worth it, to be honest. I'm sure SHE thinks it is... })

Alta

The Certified Angel Card Reader course is not about tarot, it is about reading angelic messages, generally via the Doreen Virtue oracle decks. When you complete the course you can be listed as an Angel Reader and go onto Ms Virtue's master list so if people want a reading they can find one on the list.

I know this because several, quite a few really, years ago I was interested and looked into it.

Pippa if you do take the course be sure and check who is giving it. Ms Virtue does not personally lead them all and if you spend that kind of money, well......

ETA: Pippa has a genuine question, please do not this thread devolve into personal opinions of Ms Virtue's tarot decks.

witchofglass

I'd side-eye anything that claims certification, given that in the Tarot community that tends to be paying for a piece of paper.

danieljuk

Welcome to the forum Pippa :)

There is some old threads on the forum of people doing the certified reader course.

There is a few old posts on this thread from a forum member attending a physical class here
and a forum member who was practising on forum members for their homework with the deck here. But both threads seem to fizzle out but maybe it will help you get other experiences :)

If you do do the course, post a review or your impressions here for other forum members in future :thumbsup:

AnemoneRosie

The woman who runs angelorum did it last year or the year before. If memory serves she was disappointed that there was no contact with Ms Virtue directly, although Mr. Valentine was tangentially involved.