cinnamon

Darkmage

I don't understand what the money thing means, though. How can a spice attract cash or trade, unless you're selling it at a profit, maybe? Best of luck in your venture! It is good stuff. :)

Magic! It's traditionally ruled by the Sun, some say Mars. It's used in money drawing magic as well as love magic when it's mixed with sugar.

You can burn it, sprinkle some in your wallet, outside your door, etc. The possibilities are endless. Obviously, don't use it if you're allergic to it.

http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:cinnamon

Starshower

Now that's interesting, Darkmage. Thanks. :)

celticnoodle

I spent a few months last year absolutely PERFECTING cinnamon ice cream. Gained 30 pounds. It was so worth it!

ROFLMAO. I will respond later to the others later, but this one had to be responded to immediately! this is priceless!

ncharge, you may have gained 30lbs.---BUT! look at how HEALTHY you are w/all that cinnamon in you! ;)

RiverRunsDeep

I purchase cinnamon essential oil to use in my massage therapy office. I have read that cinnamon can boost the immune system through inhalation, so I offer cinnamon aromatherapy to my clients, especially throughout the winter months. I put the oil in a diffuser, so they are inhaling it during the massage session.

yannie

This thread just makes me want to make cinnamon chicken curry...I've been holding it off for too long! Next on my dinner menu!

linnie

I just posted about growing White Sage... I love that herb and use it regularly... we also grow Cinnamon... i bought it on a whim in the days where the variety of foods was starting to take off and we were aiming for a food forest...

I love a pinch of cinnamon in a carrot cake or etc, but will never use great numbers of cinnamon brooms ....

A friend of mine was at a school music night... a handful of us were the usual canteen helpers at that time, so we were in the canteen taking the payment for tea and cake etc... Our friend started acting pretty wildly... just funnier than usual... we laughed at her, but it went on and on... Turns out she'd made a cinnamon cake which she'd nibbled at while it was being sliced and set out on a serving platter... she ended up getting 'stoned' from the cinnamon... she had realised early on in the cake-cooking time that she'd put 2 tablespoons instead of 2 tsp...

Re using the stuff, i do recall that we had a product called 'cinnamon scrub' many years (decades) ago, That was essentially a gentle moisturiser which had ground cinnamon included as an exfoliant :)

Disa

I'm another cinnamon lover and, like Disa, I put it in my coffee every morning, too. :thumbsup: I find that it cuts the acid in the coffee, just makes it taste better, really!

After looking at your link that lists so many health benefits, I'm inspired to look for some more products like the candles and oil. The brooms sound great, but probably couldn't get them just yet since our dog is still pretty young and may end up chewing them up. :D

You just hang them on the wall where he can't reach them :)

celticnoodle

It is more a little more expensive but worth it.

I buy both. I use Cassia sticks for crafty stuff and incense.
Yes, I have heard that the Ceylon is better for you, but even the cheaper one, the Cassia(?) has the same benefits, just not as strong as Ceylon.

I use cinnamon scent for the money purposes too. I'm told it enhances "trade". :)
This, I find very interesting! I'm going to try this out soon, as we are hoping to make a big purchase in the near future, and I'm a bit concerned of the costs/hidden costs that will be involved in it. Perhaps this will help to keep the cost of this purchase under control and in our favor.

Dear banbha, good idea! Now I know there are different types, I shall try the one you suggest. I live out in the country with only a few small shops, but next time we drive 50 miles to a town, I'll seek out some ground Ceylon (Sri Lankan?) cinnamon. Or maybe order some online. :)
lol! And, I thought WE lived in the middle of nowhere! :laugh: We're only about 30 minutes from civilization.
Celticnoodle - thanks! I'll try the other sort, and sniff some oil if a health food shop has any, next time I'm in a town.

I don't understand what the money thing means, though. How can a spice attract cash or trade, unless you're selling it at a profit, maybe? Best of luck in your venture! It is good stuff. :)
its used sort of like a good luck charm is my guess. similar to the way you'd use crystals or other objects.

celticnoodle

Sounds yummy :D

You can find various recipes online, but we do this way--

a bottle of red wine
some black currant juice
aquavit or vodka (we prefer aquavit, which is difficult to find)
golden raisins
cardamon seeds
cloves

I forget the exact measurements of the above that we use, but sometimes we also do it to taste. by the end of the night, you don't really care what it tastes like! ;) *kidding* but it IS very tasty and relaxing.

We warm the items above together on the stove top and then you can pour it into cups and add a bit of sugar (we use sugar cubes) and a cinnamon stick and stir it together. If you want more liquor in it--you can add more to your cup.

My husbands maternal gf was from Sweden and brought this recipe to the U.S. with him. My husband did spend 6 to 9 mos. living in Sweden and bought a traditional "glogg" pot, which we like to bring out during the holidays. We warm the glogg up on the stove, pour it into this pot and keep a candle under it to keep it warm.

celticnoodle

Magic! It's traditionally ruled by the Sun, some say Mars. It's used in money drawing magic as well as love magic when it's mixed with sugar.

You can burn it, sprinkle some in your wallet, outside your door, etc. The possibilities are endless. Obviously, don't use it if you're allergic to it.

http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:cinnamon

thank you for this site, Darkmage--its a good one! I'm bookmarking it.

I purchase cinnamon essential oil to use in my massage therapy office. I have read that cinnamon can boost the immune system through inhalation, so I offer cinnamon aromatherapy to my clients, especially throughout the winter months. I put the oil in a diffuser, so they are inhaling it during the massage session.
This is another reason I'm going to up my intake of cinnamon--to boost my weakened immune system. Can't hurt anyway!

I did drink a cup of cinnamon tea last night before going to bed and it helped me to sleep better. Or at least I slept well last night--whether or not it was the cinnamon tea. I tend to have sleepless nights due to aches and pains and suffer with heart burn a lot (as we tend to eat dinner a bit too late for me). Last night was the first night in weeks that I slept the whole night through w/o any aches or pains and our temps took a huge nose dive last night--so I was a bit surprised to sleep so well.

This thread just makes me want to make cinnamon chicken curry...I've been holding it off for too long! Next on my dinner menu!

I had a chicken curry dish once at an Indian restaurant near us and it was delicious! You could taste the cinnamon in the dish.

I just posted about growing White Sage... I love that herb and use it regularly... we also grow Cinnamon... i bought it on a whim in the days where the variety of foods was starting to take off and we were aiming for a food forest...
oh, you are so lucky to be able to grow your own cinnamon trees, Linnie! Can you smell the cinnamon when you are standing near it, or is this aroma only good once you peel the bark from the tree? Do the flowers also smell? Do you use the leaves of the plant, as I read that the leaves are also good to use.

I love a pinch of cinnamon in a carrot cake or etc, but will never use great numbers of cinnamon brooms ....
carrot cake was always our daughters favorite cake since she was a kid.

A friend of mine was at a school music night... a handful of us were the usual canteen helpers at that time, so we were in the canteen taking the payment for tea and cake etc... Our friend started acting pretty wildly... just funnier than usual... we laughed at her, but it went on and on... Turns out she'd made a cinnamon cake which she'd nibbled at while it was being sliced and set out on a serving platter... she ended up getting 'stoned' from the cinnamon... she had realised early on in the cake-cooking time that she'd put 2 tablespoons instead of 2 tsp...
:laugh: Oh my!!! My husband had a female friend in HS who use to react to drinking coka-cola. It made her like she was drunk. She just couldn't handle coke.
Re using the stuff, i do recall that we had a product called 'cinnamon scrub' many years (decades) ago, That was essentially a gentle moisturiser which had ground cinnamon included as an exfoliant :)
I have seen on one of the sites I believe were included in this thread about making cinnamon scrubs for your face. You can also buy it already made up, but it is quite expensive. However, my skin is very delicate and I can't use scrubs. I was thinking about perhaps making a cinnamon 'mask' though to see how it works on my skin. Its suppose to help with skin conditions like rosacea--which I do have, but rarely have any breakouts. In fact, I can't recall the last time I had a breakout--and I have to attribute that to the coconut oil I use as a facial cleanser and moisturizer. But, I am hopeful the cinnamon may still help with that.