New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

Amanda

With the first reading I asked, will Mr 'S' & I have a relationship with one an other & be a couple?
Card 1=Death as No, Card 2=Ace of Wands as definate Yes but cursory & Card 3=5 of Cups as the 'why'.

Yes (Ace of Wands), but you'd have to stop (Death) looking at the negatives in this situation or what is *not* happening (5 of Cups).

So anyway, for the second reading I asked, will Mr 'S' fall in love with me?
Card 1=Queen of Cups as No, Card 2=Ace of Wands as definate 'Yes' but cursory & Card 3= Knight of Swords as 'why'.

Yes (Ace of Wands), but you'd have to stop wishing (Queen of Cups) that he would just approach you by knowing exactly what you are hoping for (Knight of Swords).

kalliope

Here is a quote of the relevant parts of JSNYC's instructions. I've bolded, italicized, and underlined a few phrases:

If the answer is either yes or no, then the card in the opposing position (position 1 or 2) explains why that answer (the answer it represents) is the wrong answer or simply why that answer was not chosen.

The card in position 3 indicates what could be done or what could happen to change the answer. This could be what the seeker could do to change the answer from No to Yes (or vice versa), or it could be a stipulation on the answer given.

If the answer is neither yes nor no, then the card in position 3 explains why the answer is maybe, or why the question cannot or will not be answered. It is also possible the question simply cannot be answered at this time, and then the card in position 3 could indicate what needs to happen before an answer can be given.

--So the WHY card does give info: what you could do to change your answer, or it could be a condition of your answer.

--The OPPOSING card to your answer explains why that is NOT the answer.

--If you got neither a yes or no answer, then the WHY card explains why it's a maybe, or why it can't be answered at that time, or what needs to be done to obtain an answer.

I hope that helps explain it!

To take a very quick stab at your reading, following the rules of the spread: The Ace of Cups gives you a cursory YES. The Queen of Cups explains why NO is the wrong answer, which I interpret to mean that the appealing qualities of the queen (you) make it difficult for him NOT to fall in love with you!

The Knight of Swords in the WHY position could mean a number of things: if you exhibit the qualities of this knight, you could perhaps make him NOT fall for you. Or maybe it's a condition of your yes answer, meaning that either you or he needs to exhibit those qualities to have the outcome come to pass. Or maybe if a Knight of Swords shows up in your life, something will happen to prevent a relationship between you and Mr. S. The Why card is the most difficult to interpret!!

kalliope

Ooh! Amanda, I like your spin on how to read this spread. No wonder you've found it to be accurate!

Amanda

Ooh! Amanda, I like your spin on how to read this spread. No wonder you've found it to be accurate!

Thanks! JSNYC set it up quite nicely, and I practiced the heck out of it. LOL

Tiggy-cat

Additionally, I think it is helpful to remember that the Tarot cannot answer any question that the reader cannot possibly know themselves.

I cannot read all the pages of this thread right now, so sorry if this has been covered, but isn't the purpose of a yes/no spread to determine things that the reader cannot know themselves? Such as "will I get this job I interviewed for?". I'd like to try a yes/no spread but how could I possibly know the answer and if I knew the answer, why would I be doing a reading on this question?

Amanda

I cannot read all the pages of this thread right now, so sorry if this has been covered, but isn't the purpose of a yes/no spread to determine things that the reader cannot know themselves? Such as "will I get this job I interviewed for?". I'd like to try a yes/no spread but how could I possibly know the answer and if I knew the answer, why would I be doing a reading on this question?

Hi Tiggy-cat.. I've lost contact with JSNYC, and he doesn't come here anymore. I'm not sure I could accurately speculate on what he meant by that statement. I can only tell you that I've used the spread for others and have answered questions correctly they didn't seem to have the answers to themselves. But sometimes, I think I did just confirm something they already knew..

Tiggy-cat

Thanks very much Amanda. I am very eager to try this reading, I have a few yes or no questions that I'd be curious to do readings on and this sounds hopeful :)

Musicat

Sorry, maybe this was answered, but I am wondering if we got yes/no answer are we still suppose to connect it to the card number 3?

Amanda

Sorry, maybe this was answered, but I am wondering if we got yes/no answer are we still suppose to connect it to the card number 3?

Yes, you read all of the cards to get more information surrounding the answer.

maxine

I just did this spread. My question was will I get together with a guy I like, I got the magician as yes, and the king of swords as why.