What Cards Do You Have Trouble "Getting"?

Trogon

The Courts ... most of them anyway. I guess the biggest issue I have is feeling whether or not it relates to an actual person in a reading, or certain traits of a person, or energies or whatever. So many ways they can go.

Wintermoon

I would agree that the court cards are difficult to interpret - sometimes they just "click" but more often I have to spend some time pondering them. I also find I'm able to interpret them more easily for other people than I am for myself. The 5 swords can fox me as can the 4, 7 and 9 wands. The last two in particular seem so similar that I struggle with the nuance between them

barefootlife

Judgment, Hierophant, and the Pages and Kings are the ones I really have to pause hard to interpret correctly. Sometimes they're really obvious, other times it's just very 'huh?' Pages seem to reflect Aces, except with a personality attached instead of a purely conceptual statement, but not always (Page Cups, I'm lookin at you). Like 10s, sometimes Kings feel really negative to me, like they add a flavor of '...aaaaand now you're a jerk' to the suit ending.

barefootlife

I would agree that the court cards are difficult to interpret - sometimes they just "click" but more often I have to spend some time pondering them. I also find I'm able to interpret them more easily for other people than I am for myself. The 5 swords can fox me as can the 4, 7 and 9 wands. The last two in particular seem so similar that I struggle with the nuance between them

For me, the 7 Wands is an active struggle, and the 9 Wands is more an internal challenge. 9 Wands asks you to draw on your inner reserves against mental hurdles, 7 Wands advises action against physical ones, if that makes sense. The RWS makes the differences pretty clear pictorially, but I don't actually read the original RWS :laugh:

Julian Jaymes

I've been struggling SO much with the Chariot lately. I've just heard so many wildly different meanings for it, and I can't seem to even begin to conceptualize what it means at all. Need to do some serious research and journaling I guess...

lantana

Judgment, Hierophant, and the Pages and Kings are the ones I really have to pause hard to interpret correctly. Sometimes they're really obvious, other times it's just very 'huh?' Pages seem to reflect Aces, except with a personality attached instead of a purely conceptual statement, but not always (Page Cups, I'm lookin at you). Like 10s, sometimes Kings feel really negative to me, like they add a flavor of '...aaaaand now you're a jerk' to the suit ending.

I agree with the Pages and Kings! It depends on the deck and the spread, but sometimes the Pages seem to similar to the Aces and the Kings to the Queens that everything just gets foggy. Especially when the cards are describing actions or advice instead of people.

Barleywine

The Courts ... most of them anyway. I guess the biggest issue I have is feeling whether or not it relates to an actual person in a reading, or certain traits of a person, or energies or whatever. So many ways they can go.

It took me years to make peace with the court cards; Aleister Crowley's Book of Thoth has been my main resource for a long time now, since it has both practical and psychological interpretations (what Crowley calls "moral characteristics"). The Pages still sometimes throw me a curve-ball.

Since I only read for others face-to-face, I ask the client which is most likely, starting with "another person" since it seems to be human nature to want to find someone else to blame :). If that's a "no," I move on to "characteristics, behaviors or attitudes the querent should consider either adopting or avoiding," depending on the context of the question. Finally, when all else fails, I approach it from the standpoint of impersonal forces or energies at work in the querent's circumstances.

When reading for myself, since I don't have much face-to-face human interaction on a day-to-day basis, I usually go for Choice #2.

Trogon

Like 10s, sometimes Kings feel really negative to me, like they add a flavor of '...aaaaand now you're a jerk' to the suit ending.

This really gave me a good laugh!

It took me years to make peace with the court cards; Aleister Crowley's Book of Thoth has been my main resource for a long time now, since it has both practical and psychological interpretations (what Crowley calls "moral characteristics"). The Pages still sometimes throw me a curve-ball.

I have that somewhere. I recon it's time to dig it out again.

DC419

All of them :D

In all seriousness I would say it's the two, three and eight of wands.