Tarot development- Mhchelino, Mantegna, Sola Busca, Minchiate?

PIRUCHO

El libro del juego de las suertes

Ross:
Regarding to Lorenzo Spirito's Il libro delle sorti into Spanish by 1515. " Libro de las suertes or Libro del juego de las suertes",must be say that there the luck is telling by dices.
Though can be replace by cards related to its numbers or range.
King = 12 for example.

PIRUCHO

So here Ross I still asking if the text of Fernando de la Torre,dated 1450 and which you brought to us knowledge,is the oldest known reference about divination use of cards.

And here I again remark that Fernando never explained the rules of the game.
Only did a depiction of the composition of the deck and attributed the suits or palos to the kind of women mentioned.

Ross G Caldwell

PIRUCHO said:
So here Ross I still asking if the text of Fernando de la Torre,dated 1450 and which you brought to us knowledge,is the oldest known reference about divination use of cards.

And here I again remark that Fernando never explained the rules of the game.
Only did a depiction of the composition of the deck and attributed the suits or palos to the kind of women mentioned.

Thanks Migue - good information from your sources. I will ask Thierry Depaulis, who is also expert on Hombre, what he thinks of the games.

I still don't know how to understand the "echar suertes" in this context. I know that it indicates to draw a card or cards at random and perhaps read the copla and make a game of it - it is "drawing lots/cards" here - and it could be fun and young ladies could take it to tell the present or future lover.

Thanks for finding out about the carnero and gallina. This makes perfect sense now. I find it surprising that Fernando could address this to the Condesa - but maybe it was a very private book, and maybe the culture accepted this kind of salacious literature - the moralists were always against women (and anybody) reading the romances because it excited their lustful imaginations too much.

Ross

PIRUCHO

Ross:
Common....
You know enough that Spanish literature is plenty of such hidden meanings thanks for the Arab influences !

Many invitations of pleasure around....

My best !

PIRUCHO

Ross:
Also I don t want to offend anyone here but the convents of Spain and Italy,were the best known secret "respectabled" brothels of all Europe...

-Anyone saw anything,anyone will tell nothing.
(Are historical supported information about this,btw )

Migue

Ross G Caldwell

PIRUCHO said:
Ross:
Also I don t want to offend anyone here but the convents of Spain and Italy,were the best known secret "respectabled" brothels of all Europe...

-Anyone saw anything,anyone will tell nothing.
(Are historical supported for this,btw )

Migue

I know. Gregory Lubkin reports that Galeazzo Maria Sforza had a bad reputation for visiting convents. And there is Shakespeare's phrase "get thee to a convent" - which every commentator dutifully notes means "go to a brothel".

Since "excess" girls were often sent to convents, it makes sense that they would be a little wilder than the dour places we think of today.

PIRUCHO

Ross:
"I still don't know how to understand the "echar suertes" in this context. I know that it indicates to draw a card or cards at random and perhaps read the copla and make a game of it - it is "drawing lots/cards" here - and it could be fun and young ladies could take it to tell the present or future lover. "

-echar suertes is like a pretext to have some "fun"
Oh ! -Girls Just Want to Have Fun!

-Any rules of the game here is shown,just a "pretext" to have some...

That Fernandito !!!

*Diavolo !

PIRUCHO

Pardon Monsieur !
Many "little flowers" of the all courts of all Europe were sent to the convents and then became simple bitches,then,saw in a throne of a reign or at a "principado "...

Venice was an example of this.

PIRUCHO

And what was this purpose....
To makes outside the eyes of others some "forced" alliances between reigns,though infamous quite absolutely sacrilegious in the name of Mother Church.
Just to be outside of sin.
Pure lies...

PIRUCHO

Ross:
Regarding this "I still don't know how to understand the "echar suertes" in this context. I know that it indicates to draw a card or cards "

-Well de la Torre pointed it clearly I just think:echar suertes= draw cards for tell the luck.