Lenormand VS Tarot??

Penthasilia

I like both- for different reasons.

The lenormand, for me, is much more practical and straightforward. I tend to use it for short-term questions that are day to day stuff. For instance- I had submitted paperwork a while ago and the outcome seemed to take forever. When everything finally was received, my question was "Will everything get done by 8/2/13?".

Answer- 3 cards, The Woman, The Rider, The Clover

I am the woman, waiting for news, and it will be good. Today- everything was processed and done.

Tarot- that I use for more long term or esoteric questions. I tend to find that there are parts of a reading that I may not see immediately, but then down the road something happens and I get that "A HA" moment, and remember that part of the reading.

When I want a good mix of both, then I use my Etteilla deck. If you want a tarot deck that mixes both the esoteric and cartomancy aspects- that would be it. His minors are pretty much lenormand-like in nature (or playing card like)- and a reading typically ends up with a mix of some of the more esoteric majors and down to earth minors. But that is a system that definitely requires the book- since there are so many different card combinations. But it is always spot on! The Medieval Scapini is the same way- as the minors are Etteilla like, while the majors are based off the Visconti/Marseilles. So when I have someone that has a mix of esoteric plus down to earth questions that need answering- I pick up one of those two.

:)