Book of Law Study Group 1.28

Always Wondering

Similia said:
I still maintain that there are many animals far smarter than us

I tend to generalize and vague out, sorry. Who's to know really. Maybe different is a better word than limited.
I was eye to eye with a Humback Whale in Maui once. She looked at me with one of her big eyes, with that huge brain of hers. It got me wondering what she knew that I didn't. :laugh:
I was impressed.

AW

ravenest

similia said:
Or they could be seen as expressions of an unhappy ego. The desire for possessions and the fear of discontinuity of self.

Or the expression of a 'happy ego', one that knows it has an advantage and will utalise that advantage in inceased and broader ranged perspectives. Also the tools for the necessity of existence and family preservation, continuity of ancestral conciousness, etc. In a way I guess we could call that 'desire for possessions', as long as it isnt looked at in a contemporary understanding of what that means ...

That might not make sense ... hmmm ... I guess I mean that our modern desire for possessions (since we have such a large range of non-essential ones) might not equate to a similar desire in early man whose primal desire was survival - take away his most important possessions and he might not survive at all, take away mine (car Tv, watch. computer, whatever we classify as our 'possesions' - which often seem to be more ego based than survival based) we probably could survive quiet well.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
The same applies to your dog. Have you ever seen it try to be anything other than a dog? Has it ever had an identity crisis and tried to meow like a cat? It just instinctively does it's Will without question or reflection and acts in a dog-like way.

Yet my dog used to watch tv. There is the famous duck that bonded with a human and thought it was its mother and of course there is the case of feral children (I dont mean forest protest ferals :laugh: - children that were bought up by animals ... which puts a VERY different slant on things -

for reference see 'Feral Children and Cases of Extreme Isolation' by Prof. Z. Zing.

ravenest

Eh

Aeon418 said:
Haven't I already answered this?

Do you mean your post #6 in this thread? If so, yeah, I got that. But I was responding to what I thought was an unusual answer from you (Crowley never said that) I was trying to clarify my first point (in which I never suggested Crowley said it was a mishearing - I was trying to eliminate that possibilty).

But now I am confused by your resopense (again :( ). If your answer was in post #6 do you mean that this process can manifest in an external audible voice?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
But now I am confused by your resopense (again :( ). If your answer was in post #6 do you mean that this process can manifest in an external audible voice?
From your response I assume you missed the very specific use of the words "perceived" and "seemingly".

Aeon418

ravenest said:
children that were bought up by animals ... which puts a VERY different slant on things -
Human beings are very adaptable. We can travel to both ends of the spectrum. But I've yet to see a animal raised by humans talk (not parrot fashion ;)), read, write, and get a job. :laugh:

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
From your response I assume you missed the very specific use of the words "perceived" and "seemingly".
Oh yeah ...sorry, so your answer to my question would be ... yes?

So it is PERCIEVED that the voice comes from an external source although it may be an internal source?

But even so, why do you think the line was so obviously re-written.

Sorry if I am seeming dumb here ... my original question seemed to have been lost along the way.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Human beings are very adaptable. We can travel to both ends of the spectrum. But I've yet to see a animal raised by humans talk (not parrot fashion ;)), read, write, and get a job. :laugh:

Gosh! I thought the dog watching tv was a good challenge to your statement ... no?

Dolphins 'talking' with a combination of words and hand signals ... they also used to ( still?) work for the U.S. Navy. ;)

However, I'm not convinced that 'getting a job'. especially in its modern context is any sign of superiority or evolution :laugh:

I guess my point was that although we percieve we have a certain 'intrinsic' nature (man or animal) we may be much more of a product of our environment than our egos can admit?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Gosh! I thought the dog watching tv was a good challenge to your statement ... no?

Dolphins 'talking' with a combination of words and hand signals ... they also used to ( still?) work for the U.S. Navy. ;)

However, I'm not convinced that 'getting a job'. especially in its modern context is any sign of superiority or evolution :laugh:

I guess my point was that although we percieve we have a certain 'intrinsic' nature (man or animal) we may be much more of a product of our environment than our egos can admit?
To use A.C.'s argument then: Where are the geniuses in the animal kingdom that have transformed the world of animals?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Sorry if I am seeming dumb here ... my original question seemed to have been lost along the way.
No. It's already been answered by Crowley's in his own commentary. He specifically points out how his conscious mind questions the message as it is being received. But Aiwass has it covered and is totally cool. Note what Aiwass actually says after Crowleys objection:

"Write this is whiter words" "But go forth on"