Reading discussion/feedback thread

Ronia

Ronia: Yeah, I remember the spread... at least mine seems to be progressing somewhere, if at all slowly. Sorry Ronia. :(

Oh, but that's good news, LE! If yours is still progressing this gives me hope mine still has time to move on! :D All is well! :)

halil, I don't think there is any controversy caused, we're all trying to find out what didn't work and why. ;) Besides, taking the cards too seriously is not a good thing, in my humble opinion. I believe we are all wise enough to take it with a grain of salt and not rely too much on cards or anything else for that matter. I respect my cards, I respect my intuition, others' too, but I realize it's not like 100% guarantee. :)

lord_ewin

You're right about the kind of man I want, but I don't like him just because he's conflicted. I liked him long before that. It's because he's conflicted that I walked away from the friendship once already. I didn't want to hurt anyone and it seemed like the right thing to do.

Ooops, yes, of course..! :D

214red

The ring in this instance isn't a relationship. It's a yes to whether or not they would be happy together. :) go ahead and try to get an answer for her using the question you put forward and see if it comes up differently. You got me curious. :D

would they be happy together...i couldnt say yes, to me its a 'if they finally make the commitment...maybe', so its still an IF not a yes for me.

I see the ring as another maybe card, its neutral.

I think it boils down to if you think the cards always stick to your question...if so this would be a maybe, if you think its telling you something different i would suggest that there might not be a commitment made.

I also think in this thread we must becareful not to suggest we are saying a reader is wrong, this is an open discussion on how we view the readings as a learning excercise, not to make people doubt themselves...

214red

I didn't mean to cause so much controversy. I actually did the spread for myself before posting it on here and my cards wouldn't answer the question. They basically said conversation was necessary, a man is confused, but something unexpected will occur. It didn't have anything to do with whether we'd be happy together.

Maybe it would help everyone if I elaborated. This is close to the decision he is facing. He has a long-term girlfriend, and although they haven't always had the best relationship, he's comfortable and doesn't want to hurt her. We've been best friends since we were kids, and always knew how the other felt, but neither of us realized how we felt about each other until recently. It's an issue we always avoided and just assumed we were friends and that's that. Things have changed. I ended our friendship because I didn't want to make him think he had to choose between us. He asked me to reconsider, and I received a very clear cosmic message that I shouldn't end our friendship and I had no choice in what would come (You'd probably love the bird story Red!) Now he's seriously considering things, and I know his decision could go either way. My hands are tied. We also currently live on opposite sides of the country, so those 3,000 miles are also an obstacle to overcome and contribute to some of the anxiety. There's a lot of uncertainty and a lot of talk. I wouldn't be surprised if Moira is right about the decision he makes.

When I read everyone's take on the spread, it makes sense because I know the whole situation. I don't know if the extra information changes anyone's interpretation.
its not controversy, its very interesting to play and see how the cards work for all of us.

I work on the cards being right, but perhaps our interpretation is not always spot on.

I would love to hear the bird story...lol:)

with the new information, i personally doubt he will make the decision, if he does it will take too long and you will have moved on by then. i do wonder what the lesson here is for you?
i wish you luck with it, hope its a postive outcome for you

214red

Oh, but that's good news, LE! If yours is still progressing this gives me hope mine still has time to move on! :D All is well! :)

halil, I don't think there is any controversy caused, we're all trying to find out what didn't work and why. ;) Besides, taking the cards too seriously is not a good thing, in my humble opinion. I believe we are all wise enough to take it with a grain of salt and not rely too much on cards or anything else for that matter. I respect my cards, I respect my intuition, others' too, but I realize it's not like 100% guarantee. :)

this is an interesting topic, often we see things and we expect they are going to happen straight away, i am having stuff happen that was in readings (from myself and others) from a year or so ago, and only now its unfolding, infact i unearthed a reading when i moved from 10 years ago and some of it is still unfolding. Even directly from spirit they can string you along for a bit, because noone really wants to hear a year when they want to hear NOW!

Also, why wouldnt you rely on your own readings? I have a couple of people i know personally that occasionally if i am stumped i go to them, its rare but it often confirms what i have been told, and yes you have to discern the information, but the medium/conduit i trust so therefore the message i trust. I dont understand why you wouldnt trust your own readings, whats the point of reading if you dont trust them? its not the cards i trust, its the source and the conduit, those things are what make me trust, and if i feel its right.

Sometimes the answer simply is ' your not meant to know' or 'thats not a priority right now' and we feel we need to interpret it to the persons question, or we want the answer to be soon so we see it in the cards sooner then it happens.

So timing and trust is very interesting

214red

So how much does the Q matter....

continuing from Halil's reading, this is from Mona18 on a different question (this is not about Mona18s reading just the discussion of the cards):
Q: Taking Red's advice: What should I do about my relationship with S?

Woman - House - Ring - Mice - Key
Cross
so now does this change the opinion of the reading before hand?

What advice does this hand out? does this colour the other reading in a more positive or negative light?

I personally wouldnt change my opinion totally on the other reading, i would say sit tight and let what is meant to happen, woman//key makes me think something will come to light and will reveal something big to her, she just needs to be and not do anything.

29-4-23-33=89=17 (stork), 8 (coffin)
changes end something, so it shows something will change which i think the key refers to, coffin there is an end or a transformation.

So do we feel this was a better question? what would the question you would pose?
discussion continues....

lord_ewin

Also, why wouldnt you rely on your own readings? I have a couple of people i know personally that occasionally if i am stumped i go to them, its rare but it often confirms what i have been told, and yes you have to discern the information, but the medium/conduit i trust so therefore the message i trust. I dont understand why you wouldnt trust your own readings, whats the point of reading if you dont trust them? its not the cards i trust, its the source and the conduit, those things are what make me trust, and if i feel its right.

I think the answer to this is the fact that people doubt themselves, or like me, think that the interpretation should come from someone who is neutral. Not everyone can extricate themselves from their personal situation to properly and objectively read their own fortunes.