Samhain Deck of the Bastard - 2nd

seven stars

ooooohhh GREAT PIX! Can I use em!??? =)))))

seven stars

Of course, dear. They're YOUR masterpieces, after all.

Ya one thing I have to make a business expense for this year is a decent camera. Thank you!

FLizarraga

Wow, thanks for the pic! They look great. My Distress Ink is already waiting to give them a nice used touch on the edges. I treated all decks I got from Seven with the ink, it intensifies the antique look to makes them look even more mysterious.

Every time people talk about trimming and pimping up their decks I get so envious. I am all thumbs... :-(

seven stars

Every time people talk about trimming and pimping up their decks I get so envious. I am all thumbs... :-(

Oh felix it's so easy with the Tim Holtz distress ink - it's just an ink pad & you take each card & rub the edges over it. Real simple. The reason for using the ones people in here recommend is that they've tried them & know they don't rub off - it's annoying to have cards that turn your fingers or table brown or the ink fades. But ya it makes a big difference. It's the ONLY thing I don't like about the "Superior" plastic decks - the edges are white & since they're plastic they don't stain. I tried guilding them but it's not sticking great. White spots here & there.

FLizarraga

Oh felix it's so easy with the Tim Holtz distress ink - it's just an ink pad & you take each card & rub the edges over it. Real simple. The reason for using the ones people in here recommend is that they've tried them & know they don't rub off - it's annoying to have cards that turn your fingers or table brown or the ink fades. But ya it makes a big difference. It's the ONLY thing I don't like about the "Superior" plastic decks - the edges are white & since they're plastic they don't stain. I tried guilding them but it's not sticking great. White spots here & there.

Thanks for the tip, E! Would the metallic ones work?

agviz

Metallic inks rub off more easily than dye-based. While dye will soak into the surface, metallic and pigment based ink adhere to the top of the surface. But if the card edges are more plastic than paper, it might mean that nothing will adhere well.

Even though the metallic ink does wear off, I love the way it looks on certain decks and I just figure on applying it again down the road. I don't use any one deck so much that it poses much problem.

So now you've got me thinking. This deck might look very interesting with very worn, beat up, metallic edges. Hmmm... I shall ponder this. :lightbulb

MoonGypsy

The Tim Holz distress ink pads are definitely the best way to go, IMHO, [especially for Seven's decks.]

i have used them on all of her decks--both tarot and lenormand--and it is extremely easy to do, it lasts, and it looks spectacular. It is also a nice way to bond with your deck and put your own energy into it.

i have used metallic pens on other decks, and they do have a tendency to rub off...

FLizarraga

So now you've got me thinking. This deck might look very interesting with very worn, beat up, metallic edges. Hmmm... I shall ponder this. :lightbulb

Imagine an antique gold or tarnished bronze patina... faded in places... with dark spots...