The Ship=a car?

Village Witch

Village Witch - you're correct in the news being his main meaning, the Cavalier (or Rider or Horseman, the name doesn't change the meaning same as the Owls v Birds) was a messenger sent to ride out overland. Travel over land was done by horse, now more typically by cars, hence transport. Unlike the Letter this news delivered by a person - hence why he can be a man, courier etc. He's not a stable boy or a lowly telegraph boy (why we say well dressed in descriptions) and he rides his own vehicle. If he's far away he can foreign too.

These all come from the traditional meaning and emblem. So don't rule them out.

Thank you! I have much to learn and appreciate feedback such as this. :)

YDM42

In my readings the ship has been a car, vehicle or vessel, also movement.

The Cavalier has been the "arrival" of something, news, information, a person, something coming for sure.

The main difference being "movement" (ship) vs "arrival" (rider).
Maybe that's because the "anchor" has been non-movement for me.

DownUnderNZer

I feel the same about these cards although I could see the "Horseman" as a bike or motorbike although it has four legs not two. :D

For the GT, in a traditional way, I would see the FISH as finances and investment opportunities and ANCHOR as work or career opportunities, but when not using the cards in a GT setting the ANCHOR and FISH have totally different meanings for me. BEAR is finances and FOX is work.

I think I learnt, looking at it now, both German and French methods hand in hand only I didn't know it at the time and now I understand why my two German teachers disputed over certain card meanings. Lucky for me, I took what sat right from both their teachings and have been fortunate enough to do right by it.

To me SHIP is travel and forms of transport even commuting between places. And if you commute between home and university then the SHIP can apply to you absolutely. It does come down to what you are asking in a question though as SHIP in a question about a "relationship" , for example, has a complete different meaning yet again.....

In my readings the ship has been a car, vehicle or vessel, also movement.

The Cavalier has been the "arrival" of something, news, information, a person, something coming for sure.

The main difference being "movement" (ship) vs "arrival" (rider).
Maybe that's because the "anchor" has been non-movement for me.

DownUnderNZer

Ps Sylvie Steinbach's book did eventually put more things into perspective for me as well as that is based on the French method, but that was a few years after learning the GT.

5Spades

Yes, that makes sense. My school is roughly two hours away from home, and since I don’t have a car I get there by school’s shuttle bus service. So, for daily drawings, the Ship can definitely represent commuting between home and school (and vice versa).

intothemusic

For what it's worth, I've seen the ship represent a car many times.