Travelling decks?

GryffinSong

morticia monroe said:
...I stand in front of them, scanning. Some scream "Pick me"! Others are far too cool to be that obvious, and they eyeball me with the same inspecting gaze I use....

I had a wonderful experience this morning, and I'm not even leaving for several days. I've been making tarot bags for all my decks, and they currently sit in a basket with the top (opening) side up. It resembles a basket of flowers. I was walking out my bedroom door and I glanced at them. It felt like they were all raising their arms yelling "pick me! pick me! pick me!" It gave me a smile. :)

If I were leaving today I'd probably bring my medieval cats, stella, and maybe my touchstone. And maybe the trees and rabbits. :)

harperevan

I took my thoth and my greenwood, the idea being that I'm studying both of them and it will be a couple of weeks of undistracted study time.

WyrdRaven

When I'm travelling to my tarotist friend's house, I bring whatever decks she wants to use as well as new ones she hasn't seen yet. This time it will be Rumi, Anna K, Zerner-Farber, and BoGo. The rest of the time, I only take my pocket RWS, since I really am scared of losing decks or cards in the chaos of going from one place to another.

Le Fanu

Ok.. well, having arrived at my destination I can now itemise my compact little tarot travelling kit that has accompanied me on my journey:

Kat Black's Golden (in baba Angels bag and gold silk spreadcloth)
Paulina,
Thoth pocket,
Navigators of the Mystic Sea,
Dondorf Lenormand.

Books: Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot
Navigators of the Mystic Sea companion book
Sutin's Biography of Crowley.

How's that for travelling light?

And - so busy choosing my decks - I forgot many important things. I only realised what when I was at the airport. Oh dear... I think I have everyone's presents... :D

Cerulean

Dondorf LeNormand?

I have a 32 card supposedly 19th century German deck with oraular designs similar to a LeNormand and the Lo Scarabeo...but am so fuzzy on my vintage Dondorf and Dondorf reproductions, I will have to look into this soon.

Morwenna

I won't carry a deck tonight, but I'm undecided whether to take a deck to our niece's house tomorrow. Maybe I'll throw in the mini-HR just because; and maybe I'll bring the Whimsical, which I had out this morning (finally!) because it's Childhood Nostalgia Time.

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Kat Black's Golden (in baba Angels bag and gold silk spreadcloth)
Paulina,
Thoth pocket,
Navigators of the Mystic Sea,
Dondorf Lenormand.

Books: Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot
Navigators of the Mystic Sea companion book
Sutin's Biography of Crowley.

How's that for travelling light?
Pretty impressive.

Happy journey.

ZKEI

For me, they would be Tarot Nova and 8-Bit Tarot

Richard

I would just take along the Universal Waite pocket deck.

zan_chan

I'm traveling this week and all I'm taking is the Haindl. It's honestly all I ever need :)