Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

KaiMoonshadow

Good idea, Lyn... ;)

My Druidcraft is my baby - it's my most beloved deck and one which never fails me... I couldn't bring myself to trim the one I currently own, although the cards look beautiful without the titles. I think I will get another Druidcraft when I can afford it, and trim that one so I have the best of both worlds!

Dancing Bear

Well I did it and I absolutely Love it..It feels really good..
I have a sore thumb LOL!! but worth the pain...

I was a bit hesitant on my first card thinking, cripes this is it if i dont like it i have stuffed it all... I did think of the spare card thing, but me being me became too eager and impatient to wait LOL!

I will post up some images of my trimmed deck...

I used curved scissors for the corners, as we dont have scrapbooking stores where i live, and i would have to order the corner cutter sight unseen.. again the patience thingy not happening LOL!
I also used a brand New pair of scissors, and sat in direct sunlight so i could see really clearly... I made sure I had a few cuppa breaks,and went slowly...

And the results are awesome.. the pictures truly do dominate the cards now, and I feel i am getting to see more in them rather than my eye being diverted off of the card with white borders..
I also did a reading with them and asked if it was ok that I trimmed them LOL! I received the Star...I also did another reading after the big trim, and again got the Star, so i think my Cards didnt mind the trim and they feel great to hold and to read with... I cant put them down now.. LOL!

So if those white borders are truly annoying you, and distract you, I highly recommend giving this deck a trim..

BTW this is my first deck I have trimmed.. I am looking at the Voyager next LOL!!

Sulis

Congratulations on your first deck trimming experience Dancing Bear.

I've only trimmed a few decks myself but I just couldn't connect to The DruidCraft before it was trimmed, it just felt wrong.
I really felt as if trimming it was part of the bonding process and afterwards, the deck felt more like it was mine.

I can imagine that The Voyager could only look better without those beige borders :thumbsup:

Dancing Bear

Thanks Sulis...
I felt the same with the Druidcraft, it most definately was a bonding experience....

and yes thoose borders and titles for Voyager, It is one of my favourite, most used decks, and am looking forward to revamping it..

tarotlyn

Hi! :love: Everybody!

Am SOOO excited! Just got my new corner rounder today... a really good one... :)
...from a company in Canada that sells them on ebay...

Now waiting for that DruidCraft set from Valeria! :* ... and then it shall get
a nice trimming so I can shuffle them! :)

If anyone wants to know more about the corner rounder I got, just pm me...
Warning: it did cost $142.50 including shipping... but is professional, works
great - a sweet dream! - AND I will be using it a long time to come! :bugeyed:
- small hands can't shuffle large cards! :( -

Off I go now... rounding up some Tarot cards to practice on! :D

:love: :)
Lyn

Sulis

successgoodhealth said:
If anyone wants to know more about the corner rounder I got, just pm me...
Warning: it did cost $142.50 including shipping... but is professional, works
great - a sweet dream! - AND I will be using it a long time to come! :bugeyed:
- small hands can't shuffle large cards! :( -

You paid how much for a corner rounder?
I paid about £3 for mine....
It may not last forever but I'll be able to afford another one no problem...

Hemera

oh £3 for a corner rounder! I had to pay as much as £4 ($8) for mine :D

KaiMoonshadow

Ok, this thread has crept under my skin... I read on a black velvet cloth and the white edges of the cards are taunting me now! I really want to get another set and get trimming but I just can't afford a new one yet, so I have decided to try and create a "trimmed" deck in Orphalese to play with, until I can find a good used Druidcraft to mutilate...

*shakes her fist at AT in good humour*

:)

tarotlyn

Sulis said:
You paid how much for a corner rounder?
I paid about £3 for mine....
It may not last forever but I'll be able to afford another one no problem...
To answer: I paid that much because I will probably be trimming a LOT of decks
and I don't want to keep buying the other ones. :(

Also, after reading a post, on how the person had to hit their little inexpensive
corner rounder with a hammer, and someone posted on how it hurt their hands,
I decided to go for the one easier to use and would last a long long time... :)

So, to me, there was a method to my maddness! :D
:love: :)
Lyn

Briar Rose

I did it!!! I finally trimmed my first deck, TheDruidCraft.

I was really and truly scared, but after reading this thread I gained confidence, and was able to *take the plunge* and I am soooooooooo happy I did it!!!!

I left the green stone boarders, and the titles. And I left the corners straight. All the white is gone.

And the pictures look so vivid, and I really do notice the images so much better.

To ALL of you that are afraid, don't be! It's like trimming the dead ends off your hair to get that bounce!

I got a new-ish pair of Friskars (scissors) from Staples.