Conquering The Court - Page Swords

MoniqueDolls

I don't tend to think of the court cards as actually people. Maybe because my reads are generally personal and about self improvement, etc. But I tend to think of the Page of Swords as a need to proceed with caution. That the individual has a place to go, message to deliver, or lesson to learn, but they need to think about all the possible outcomes. The person needs to be on alter and need to take action if something unexpected occurs.

That's my two cents.

willowfox

MoniqueDolls said:
But I tend to think of the Page of Swords as a need to proceed with caution.

A case of keeping one's eyes and ears open.

tantricknite

In my readings sometimes the courts refer to actual people and other times they refer to a process.It may be telling me to take on a paticular characteristic of the court card.For example if I was wondering what I should do about a paticular situarion and I pull the Knight of pents then I'd know to wait and see how things would play out.Or if I were to get the Knight of swords then I'd know I'd have to act rather quickley.The page of swords would be about the process of asscesing the situation and finding a solution for it.........

rcb30872

I tend to view the Page of Swords as a quick learner, with a quick mind. He gets the general gist of something rather quickly, and then moves on. He is the sort of person that knows a little bit of a lot of things, instead of sticking around to thoroughly learn or understand the subject matter at the moment. But having said that he is able to assimilate all the things that have been learnt from all these different areas, and come up with something that encompasses all of them.

He is the sort of person that comes up with nicknames for people, and his tongue is like a double edged swords. He loves gossip, hearing it and saying it. He is a people person, he likes to talk to all sorts, but at that level he does not form close bonds easily, it is all rather small talk type thing. In some way I have a feeling that this is the sort of person that does not let on much about themselves, but he has a way of dragging bits and pieces of information and what not from other people, and in some instances, this can be used against the other person at a later date, if he deems it necessary, rather childish, but hey, each to their own.

He is a keen observer, he notices things that others might not notice, whether that is something that he hears or sees. His style of communication is fast and light, he does not like to expose his heart or his feelings, as can be seen in the Radiant Rider-Waite, as the man has got his arm across his chest, shielding his heart, in a sense.

Everything seems to be done quickly by him, as can be seen by the way that the trees and his hair is blown in the wind. It is almost like a whirlwind, he may do and say something, and you are left wondering where that come from, or not knowing what has hit you.

Pao

I have not read through the whole thread yet but my first thought was is she the child thats the "taddle tail?" (sp?) that's not the right word I'm looking for though. but i thought of everytime my mom got a new hairdo and i'd go running to tell the world....once I actually fell and hurt my knee and started bleeding lol

rcb30872

I think the word you are looking for Pao is a tattle tale.

ALST123

So, what can the Page of Swords mean as a Shadow card? (Classic Deck). Could it mean subversion & collusion? Could it be telling you to keep your eyes & ears open?

Seafra

ALST123 said:
So, what can the Page of Swords mean as a Shadow card? (Classic Deck). Could it mean subversion & collusion? Could it be telling you to keep your eyes & ears open?

You have to relate the Page of Swords qualities to the story presented by the reading you've done. Suggesting meanings for this specific situation when it is out of context is really a useless exercise. Why don't you post the entire reading in the Your Readings section so you're presenting the entire picture? :)

Gypsyspell

Hi, I always see the swords as having the quality of cutting away the extraneous,superficial -to the bones-heart of the matter.
The page -becoming a knight -May not have the speed ,the certainty of direction to resolve an issue or cause.,but he is on his way.
Emotional detachment is a necessary element to reaching to the bones of the matter,swords being more intellectual , objective,he is not clouded by his emotions. As the cups may be more supportive as messengers and better at hand holding---although sometimes i prefer the swords motivation and question if all the emotional support given is more helpful to its agent than its subject? Hmmm
Thinking alot about this lately...anyway The page does seem to be weighing things up,trying to determine who will win if there is to be a battle,ego is at play i think as he is becoming the knight ,backing down does not look to me to be an option, stategy and preparing to act.
Rev in brief I see him as not being so prepared more uncertain and there is a need to be more alert and aware. Just my thoughts

214red

i dont know if it has been written already but i did get him come up for being a spy, the person was actually a spy as a profession