Here I Go Again: A "New Victorian" Tarot...

Freder

The site is created and launched... there isn't much to see there just at the moment, other than a welcome message, but card designs will start appearing soon, as I already have a running start on this project.

So -- roll up, roll up, and take a peek at my next deck-in-development, "The Tragically Comic or Comically Tragic Tarot of MISTER PUNCH."

http://punchtarot.blogspot.com

magpie9

dear God,Ferder, will you ever slow down to normal human speed? Another one? already? are you out of your little round mind????

Looks real good,though...

Freder

Ha!

I have to go on the assumption that we have one life, and I am not a Spring Chicken! When you have an idea and the opportunity to make that idea happen, you'd best not lay about! Any Creative types reading these tarot creation posts should make a note of that and post it on their refrigerators!

Actually, I have ideas for just two more Tarot decks after this, and one of these will be a long, major Personal Project, not "themed." on the scale of the circus deck, so that will slow me down considerably. But before I go there, I hope to work on a Lenormand deck in collaboration with... someone I can't name until it's certain to happen.

Truth is I can't think of a single kind of project that I enjoy doing more than this. It's work that has meaning, that arrives somewhere and accomplishes something. I still think that designing your own deck is the best thing any tarot reader can do for themselves, even if they don't plan to publish it.

Metafizzypop

Just two more decks after this? Just two? Sounds frantic, but fun.

You realize now that you've started this thread and let us know about the project that you have to keep us all up to date on when you post new pictures on the blog. So that way we can all go look and ooh and ah over them. Don't let us wait. Now that we know about the deck we're going to be all impatient!

Seriously, it looks good, and I do want to see more. Looks like it has potential for some good twisted humor. :)

Freder

The first card is up!

Metafizzypop

Ooooh aaah.

This looks really good.

I don't even know anything about Punch and Judy, but I'm willing to learn now.

toddoc33

Just checked this out & I LOVE it! I love anything Victorian, and Punch & Judy are a particular favorite. I will be putting this on my wish list (along with your OZ oracle deck) :) BTW, I like the coloring on the Wheel of Fortune card; whenever I've seen colored illustrations of Punch & Judy, the colors are rich and bright, just like your card ;-)

karen0205

I love the look of this deck so far! Can't wait to see more.
I hope you come back and update.

Metafizzypop

Oh boy, you popped in a couple new cards. What a treat.

But the Empress, did you make it number II for a reason? Usually the Empress is III.

Chronata

yes, yes yes. Want this deck.
NEED this deck.
Awaiting more awesomeness...