New Custom Tarot Deck Sales Tool

The Game Crafter

As someone who is presently uploading my third editions Pearls of Wisdom Tarot deck to Game Crafter I am excited to see this and would definitely participate. Once I receive my final proofs, which I just uploaded this weekend, then I will get in touch with you regarding how to add my deck to this program.

I have to say that I was very impressed with my first proofs, the colours are great, and the cards shuffle very well. I also really like the borderless cards and the lidded boxes. One other thing I like is that I am able to offer several different packages to suit my customer's budgets and desires.

If there is anything I need to do or promote please let me know. Cheers Roxi Sim aka Hexi

Awesome Hexi. I'm so glad you had a positive experience. We will be opening applications for the Crowd Sale system in a few weeks. Stay tuned to http://news.thegamecrafter.com for the official announcement. I'll also come back and post here once we announce it if that's ok.

Hexi

awesome. I was also wondering about selling to stores. What kind of discounts, or can we get a few stores together to do the same kind of thing? Cheers Hexi

The Game Crafter

awesome. I was also wondering about selling to stores. What kind of discounts, or can we get a few stores together to do the same kind of thing? Cheers Hexi

Stores can absolutely take advantage of the crowd sale while you're running it. Crowd sales are all about getting as many interested parties together at the same time to bring the cost down.

Freder

The "Crowd Sale System" reads (and plays, if that's what I've seen in action lately on your site) like a gimmick to me.

I hate gimmicks.

Quality is what will sell a deck, not marketing gimmicks. And the whole thing of "vetting" decks to participate makes my skin crawl.

How do you "vet" tarot decks? Simple, learn tarot, know tarot and have taste (other than in your mouth).

DT

The Game Crafter

The "Crowd Sale System" reads (and plays, if that's what I've seen in action lately on your site) like a gimmick to me.

I hate gimmicks.

Quality is what will sell a deck, not marketing gimmicks. And the whole thing of "vetting" decks to participate makes my skin crawl.

Thanks for your hate speech.

How do you "vet" tarot decks? Simple, learn tarot, know tarot and have taste (other than in your mouth).

How to vet tarot decks, or whether it is possible at all, is exactly why I started this thread. I can vet whether it has 78 cards, minor/major acrana, but I wasn't sure whether that was useful or if there were other criteria I should use beyond "it sure is pretty". Thank you for restating my thesis.

Zephyros

Well I think it's a great idea, and would be happy to review any decks sent my way. It is a wonderful method of community involvement, and a way to get decks on the market that otherwise would never have come to light.

Hexi

as a deck creator, about to use Game Crafter, I think this type of sale is an awesome way to help sell our decks, and get them known, as we have little to no distribution. I think a little sale once and a while is a good thing, and I, for one, will appreciate the support you will give to promote the sales.

I would also like to gather together tarot artists who are printing with Game Crafter and do some marketing so we can enlarge the audience of Tarot.

The Game Crafter

Well I think it's a great idea, and would be happy to review any decks sent my way. It is a wonderful method of community involvement, and a way to get decks on the market that otherwise would never have come to light.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can discuss you becoming an official reviewer for TGC Tarot decks.

Alta

I also think that it is a great idea, and closrapexa is a wonderful writer. Sorry that I cannot help but love the idea.

Freder

So anyone who disagrees or takes a contrary position is a hate speech?