wiccked stepmother tarot project

CreativeFire

rabble, I admire your approach to the Hierophant - and the image itself is wonderful as usual ;) A very interesting interpretation on the card and your words thought proking, on a card I often struggle with.

I also like that you can actually read your poem more clearly in this card - but it is like that are you meant to see the inspirational words stand out more - not sure I am explaining myself very well here. :)

CreativeFire

augursWell

I love the visual style of these cards, very unique. The inclusion of the text also makes this style work. I agree that the text used should correspond to the card/image meaning in some way, in my opinion.

Owlface

wiccked stepmother tarot

I've just discovered this thread. Rabble, these designs are WONDERFUL. You are too modest. They have a very distinctive style. I love the natural imagery. I love the script-I suppose because I love multi-media things anyway, especially the marriage of word and image. I love the innocence of the Temperance card, and the broodingness of the Strength and the Hierophant ( I really like that word, actually, though I do agree it's odd. I much prefer it to Pope or High Priest, which have all sorts of connotations for me which I don't find helpful. )

Keep up the good work.

rabble

Thank you all - Major Tom, Augurs Well, and rosyelf, and ferrous and CreativeFire too!

I really appreciate your comments.
rosyelf - you mentioned me being too modest - I know that I've always loved my own art, but this is really the first time I've put any of it "out there" and shown people other than family.

I really am quite awed at the reactions I've been getting. All my life, I wanted to be an artist, now, it seems, people are seeing that I am one. And it's a little bit - amazing - to be getting that recognition, instead of me being "the quiet one", or "the nerd", or "the brainy one". "The artist" was always the inner me, and now she's gotten out.

ferrous

rabble just pointed out to me the 'Majors' link (next to the thumbnail of each card) & I saw them all 'laid out' together for the first time. My goodness!! Honestly, it took my breath away ..

.. & I'm not often speechless .. just ask rabble. :D

CreativeFire

I had not noticed the 'Majors' link either, thanks for the tip ferrous. It is great seeing them all together, rabble! :)

I laughed (in a good way ;) ) when I saw your Devil as a teenager, rabble - can be very appropriate at times and your descriptive words for the card ring true. This one is actually up there as one of my favourites that you have done so far - I like this image. :)

CreativeFire

rabble

Maybe I should make that link a little more obvious :)

Thanks, CF. My daughter suggested I'd chosen the wrong one of her step-brothers for this one!

Owlface

being modest, being an artist

Rabble !
When I said you were modest, it wasn't a criticism. I think most creators feel protective of their work and themselves-why not ?-and when I read you were only just putting your art out, I understood. I know that feeling too-when I first began putting out my poems and people whose opinion I cared about said they were good. A great experience ! As you say, it beats being called "the brainy one" or "that woman with glasses" or whatever.

By the way, I have just this minute looked at your DEVIL card, and it speaks volumes to me- I WAS that teenager ! It's an unusual take on the card. . .and it's spot on.

Keep up all the great work. When you are able to publish these images in some form-greetings cards, or even an entire deck ? don't want to harrass you in any way !-the creative process needs its own time-I will be happy to purchase. And be proud to own.

rabble

thanks, rosyelf, I didn't take it as a criticism.
and thank you for your comments about The Devil!

I am investigating some way to make my images available in some print form or other. :)

This is all new to me, so any suggestions greatfully accepted!