Using A. Louis's "Tarot Plain & Simple" with the Universal Rider Waite deck?

Nec

Can I use this book for Universal Rider Waite deck?

Hi,

I'm new to tarot, I wanted to know if I can use the book "Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis" in trying to learn my Universal Rider Waite deck? Since this is the only one I can find over here. Thank you for any information that you can give me.

Regards,
Nec

Rose

Dear Nec,

The answer is yes. Tarot Plain and Simple is illustrated with the Robin Wood Deck which is very similiar to the Universal Waite images. The meanings given in this book apply to the Universal Waite deck also. I think the book is excellent.

If you want to look at a different book and have easy access to the internet, Joan Bunning's book "Learning the Tarot" is available online for free at her site http://www.learntarot.com.

Aeclectic tarot and tarotpassages.com also provide links to many sites that have card meanings, historical information, and all kinds of spreads.

Best regards,

Rose

contrascarpe

I agree with Rose - for a beginner, and especially one using the Rider-Waite, Joan Bunning's book is brilliant, albeit probably overwhelming at first. Just stick with it.

Also, Thirteen's exploration of the cards found on the AT main site is just as brilliant, and served as a catalyst for me, opening doors that other books could not.

Dan

morandia

I love Tarot Plain and Simple! It is a truly fantastic book for a beginner/moderately advanced user. I find it most helpful!

lark

morandia said:
I love Tarot Plain and Simple! It is a truly fantastic book for a beginner/moderately advanced user. I find it most helpful!
So do I.
One of the books I used most when I was a beginner.
My copy is raggy and worn from constant use.
And I used it very easily with the Universal Waite deck.
No problem.