Storing the faeries

greenbeans

what a lovely custom bag September Pixie! My lot are in a handmade wooden Indian box mum gave me, I keep meaning to find some suitable material to wrap them in as well....maybe I should try a sweaty sock, lol!

September Pixie

Thank you :) Mine are quite happy as long as they are sought after often.. other wise they get a little.. shall we say.. creative in ways to get my attention.. odd smells, pranks, moving things, etc.. its always that they need my attention... or more like I need THEIR attention.

SunChariot

I bought them a special bag when the arrived just for them. They did not like it and wanted the bag I had another deck in. Somehow they just let me know. LOL

Whenever I tried to put them in the bag I had bought for them I could feel the discomfort. They really were not happy with it. Had to switch before they were happy. The other deck never "cared". Not that any of my other decks have any preferences, but of course the Faeries are real beings and very special, and very loved around here.

I never think of them as bossy, just open about their feelings and I like that. And they know I care about them and if something makes them more comfortable I want them to have it. They certainly do enough for me.

Mine never do that, try to get my attention if I ignore them for a while, at least never with pranks. We seem to have a mutual respect. They want me to have what I need to be happy (sometimes I need a break) and I want them to have what they need. I think they just understand that. We seem in agreement about it. They do sometimes at most show up, like I see a flicker of light go by and it reminds me of the faeries. Then I will go pick up the deck and ask what they want to discuss. Like if you have a good friend that calls you and leaves a message. You call them back to see what they wanted and what you can do for them.

Beautiful pouch Septemeber Pixie! :grin:

Babs.

a_shikhs

Beautiful bag SP.. :)

My faeries live in a bag given to me by our lovely tabbycat in xmas exchange. Its a beautiful dark blue colored bag with white and yellow stars on them and the inside of the fabric is a darker shade of blue with tiny gold stars on it. The fabric is so soft and of rich quality. And there are beads and bells hanging on the side with a blue and yellowish chord. It is perfect for the faeries.. :D

.traveller.

My cards are living in a fabric box made from a quilting experiment that didn't turn out. While the experiment failed, the resulting fabric montage was perfect for making a faery home. Fortunately, the faeries like their new home quite a bit. The "box" is oversized so I can store other little bits in there, such as my pendulum and my gnome cards. It sits on my night table.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/traveller_photos/miscellaneous/faeriebag001a.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/traveller_photos/miscellaneous/faeriebag003a.jpg

Jewel

Traveller that bag is so pretty! I can see why your fey love it.

.traveller.

Thank you! The except for the edging, all of the fabric has a flower and bird theme and since it's double-sided, the bag/box (boxy bag?) keeps its shape very well. I sort of look at it as a Faery sleeping bag :)

Aulruna

What a wonderful collection of faerie stories...

Mine seemed to be okay in their original box, until I received a very dark midnight purple bag with a faerie on it. They said they did not want anything store-bought, but they wanted that gift! And it even has some rather tacky plastic bead trinkets on the drawstrings, but they adore those. They ALWAYS get their will.

Jewel

Jewel said:
~chuckles~ well it seems like several of us have picky faeries *LOL*. I had originally put them in a cotton/silk lined very nice tarot bag I had. They were not happy, they wanted to be in the blue velvet bag with the mermaid on it (the one my Cosmic Tribe lived in ... mind you the CT is my most beloved Tarot deck). Their argument was that the mermaid IS a faerie and that the Cosmic Tribe was so wild it would not care where it was! Well I gave in *LOL*. The CT got a new velvet bag with a Goddess on it, purple, and the Faeries live happily in the mermaid bag ... by the way, they were right about the CT ... it did not care!
Well and that was about 4 1/2 years ago ... ~sighs and laughs~ ... but they are ready to move out of the blue velvet bag with the Mermaid that they HAD TO HAVE. I think they have been watching the beautiful Magic Realist bags that have come along with baba decks.

So here I am sitting at the computer a couple of weeks ago looking at the Victorian Flower Oracle, and bags of course, and I hear the Faeries say they HAVE TO HAVE the Evening Faery baba bag to live in now. That their bag is getting worn and ratty and it is time to move. They even had the audacity to say the CT could have the blue bag back *LOL*. I have tried to ignore them, but as many of you know that is not an easy task as they can be quite persistent ... bottom line ... I just ordered them their new bag and they promised to stop nagging for today *LOL*.

I want to be a faerie, they always get what they want! :D

Jewel

The Faeires Have a New Home

Well I thought I would resurrect this thread to share the latest antics of my faeries and their choice of homes. Since 2002 my faeries have lived in a blue velvet bag with an embossed mermaid which they had to have even though that bag was used for my favorite tarot deck. They won, and got the bag.

A couple of months ago they seem to have spotted the baba bags, and then baba started making faerie bags ~rolls eyes~. Well they HAD TO HAVE ONE. Their excuse is that their bag is quite worn in places and it is time to move. I was unable to fight them too long, and gave in. The bag arrived yesterday. They were most excited, and had me place them immeditaly in their new bag, and I tell you I could hear them just humming with pleasure.

What is funny though is that like with most baba bags, baba included a card from the Fairytale Tarot, The Chariot. I took the card out before putting them in there with every intention of using the Chariot card as a bookmark for one of my journals. Well that was a short lived idea! The faeries, in their way, made it known to me that that was THEIR card and for me to put it back in the bag with them immediately. OK so I acquiessed. But that was not good enough, they wanted me to place the card in the middle of the deck, not "just in the bag". OK so I do that. Well this morning I went to shuffle the faeries and pick my card of the day so I go to pull out the Fairytale card, and I got a resounding NO from them, to leave it in the deck and do my thing, but the Chariot was not going anywhere. So now I have a faerie deck with a tarot card in it .... I tell you, those faeries are something else! Gotta love them!

I hope they get over this obsession with the Chariot soon, it is quite wierd shuffling the deck with one tarot card in it, and one that is a little larger than the deck and with a different back. They are trying to persuade me to trim the Chariot so that it fits just perfectly, but I think I will give this some time to see if they end up kicking the Chariot out of the bag ... probably wishful thinking on my part, but we'll see I guess.