Has anyone else pre-ordered the Full Moon Dreams Tarot deck?

weaver

This is a deck that I have long enjoyed on-line and am positively gleeful that the deck's creator, Lunaea Weatherstone, is at long last going to self publish it. To do so, she is pre-selling the deck in order to finance the deck's printing costs. She has almost pre-sold enough decks to enable her to print and is currently posting a countdown on her website.

Is anyone else as anxious as I am to have this deck in their hands?!

For those not familiar with this wonderful on-line collage deck, you can check out the deck's images at www.lunaea.com/tarot/.

mythos

I checked out the site, but I am not fond of collage decks ... with the notable exception of Retrokat's Golden tarot ... which I love with a passion. Then I went to the Emperor ... who is my current mentor, and discovered Sean Connery. He's an alleged woman beater ... he is said to have commented once that every woman needs a good slap around once in a while to show her her place. Put me off him for life ... so no, it is not for me. Just the same, I wish the creator well, and hope that she meets her quota. The deck seems very well done.

mythos :)

Asher

weaver said:
Is anyone else as anxious as I am to have this deck in their hands?!

Absolutely! Collage decks are my absolute favorite, and I have been admiring this one for a long time, and have eagerly pre-ordered it.

Lunaea only needs a few more orders and we can all enjoy this lovely deck. Signed, numbered, and comes with a book, all for a very reasonable price for an independently published deck.

Let's see if we can help with the birthing of the Full Moon Dreams!

Asher

weaver

Collage thoughts

Collage decks are my favorite, too, Asher! In addition to just generally resonating with the more contemporary themes one often finds contained in collage decks, I find them to be the most stimulating and insightful to read with.

That said, mythos' comments point to a reality inherent in any deck that contains popular culture images. Our already formed opinions can color how we view a card. I remember being somewhat taken back to see Orlando Bloom on the Odyssey deck's 7 of Wands card. Or Queen Elizabeth, for that matter, on the Full Moon Dream's 6 of Fire card! I actually think that my Blue Rose Tarot is the only contemporary collage deck in my collection where I didn't experience such an initial knee jerk response to at least one of the cards!

I believe the Full Moon Dreams deck is going to be a thought provoking beauty, though. I have been visiting the FMD's site for sometime in order to pick a daily card and have found that I have truly come to appreciate some of the deck's images that I didn't particularly resonate with initially.

Has anyone else ordered it, yet?!

weaver

truelighth

I have pre-ordered the Full Moon Dreams Tarot. I think it is a very clever deck and I really hope she will be able to print it. I have been wanting this one forever.

MareSaturni

I wanted SO much to buy this deck but...$90!? That would be R$270 for me and i'd be basiaclly selling my soul. So no, not ordering it...although it's a shame because i LOVE collages and am a collage artist myself (both digital & paper/glue methods).

Hope those who order have fun with it. I cannot deny i kinda nvy you ;)

:TPW Yuko

Kiama

I've pre-ordered this deck.

Got an email a couple of days ago from Lunaea saying she hasn't quite reached the number she wanted, so she's forseeing another couple of months wait.

But I can happily wait for this beautiful deck that I've loved online for so long...

Kiama

Kiama

Just an update folks - there are 24 orders left to fill before Lunaea can publish.

ONLY 24!!!!! *Nudges others*

Kiama

Owlface

yes, I have pre-ordered the deck.

Lunaea, if you are reading this, the message is : I'm happy to hold on another couple of months, and I hope you fill your quota ! i did get your email but have been unable to answer through the usual route, due to some computing glitch. :(

Umm... Sean Connery. I always had a funny hunch I didn't quite trust him somehow-now I KNOW I don't trust him.

weaver

Here is the thing about Sean, he isn't going to make a dime from the sale of this deck. I figure it is his image, NOT the man, that is depicted as the Emperor. I think the only way I might have any ethical qualms about his image being used would be if he were going to profit from the deck's sale.

Actually, I think the Emperor in the Full Moon Dreams deck is rather interesting. He looks confident and in control but is clearly relaxed with it all. I also like the preponderance of the color white in the card. It creates an environment where I find myself thinking in fresh ways about the Emperor.

On a different note altogether, one of the cards I really love in this deck is the Moon card! I have found that even the cards I haven't initially resonated with have all gotten me thinking and considering those cards in new and often more expansive ways. That's important to me. Before plunking down a fair bit of money on a new deck, I want it to add something to my understanding of Tarot and not just be another pretty face!

Does anyone else have a favorite card?

PS I must confess to being crushed that Sean is apparently a louse. Since he has gotten older, I have thought he is such hot stuff! Sigh...(Another one bites the dust!)

weaver