Best-friend Deck

Cerulean

I thought a modern, yearned for an older faithfuls...

While on a family trip, I was happy for a few days with the Animals Divine, but a bookstore browse yielded a pictorial book deciphering classic European pictures in their context...and then I remembered how an Italian Sibilla scene looked like a Raphael painting and my Neoclassical had this broken column in a few of the pictures and a dancing Empress..and..and...

When I came home I scooped my matte-stock Neoclassical with the 'book-end' cardboard covers and ribbon from Meneghello and some bits and pieces that I keep with it in a bookbag. Funny old things, I wanted them when I found that book...oh, and my small set of cheap colored pencils and sand-colored pens...pocket journal as well. There are some old things that defy explanation, but feel like home...

Cerulean

MareSaturni

Helvetica said:
For a long time it was the Mythic.

Oh, you too? I guess the one i like to carry around is the Mythic, because it's easier to find here and the cardstock is quite resistent. But it's kinda big (and i always want to take the book with me because i like to read it :p).
I carry it in a gray zip up pouch with a little pocket that can carry LWB.

I don't have many decks, so for now i just have one to carry with me. But i'm about to get more four decks (just waiting for them to arrive :D) so it may change.

:TPW Yuko

Ace

My mini WorldTree. I just got a nice little change purse at a garage sale, one of those pretty chinese silk purses with a zipper. Nice for carrying it!
Ace

MareSaturni

Ace said:
My mini WorldTree. I just got a nice little change purse at a garage sale, one of those pretty chinese silk purses with a zipper. Nice for carrying it!
Ace

Interesting...we all need a prett bag to carry our tarots, right?

But i have a question: since it's 'mini' isn't the cardstock too fragile? I think a deck that bends easily isn't very good for carrying around...or course, i don't know the mini WolrdTree tarot so i'm just speculating.

:TPW Yuko

Emeraldgirl

At the moment it's m,y Gilded but it alternates between the Gilded and the Buckland Romani. They both are really easy for me to read with.

yupkigirl

the fey tarot. ever since i had it, it was quite difficult for me to read or bring anything else. and it's a ver beautiful deck :)

Zephyros

Either the Thoth or the Morgan Greer, fro entirly different reasons. i like the Thoth, but it is a more "distant" deck for me, more formal, if you will. I like it very much. On the other hand, the Morgan Greer is like an old friend, and it is my most useful deck.

Dwaas

The Fey appeared to be very nice company while being underway. When I really have to travel light I bring my mini Visconti Gold. It fits in any pocket.

Sulis

I don't tend to carry a deck around with me but at the moment my 3 best tarot deck friends are:

Fey
DruidCraft
RWS (an old copy)

Love

Sulis xx

Kiama

The Robin Wood - has been for the last 5 years...

Just like best friends, we've been through the mill together, been to a few wild parties together, got into some trouble together, and met some very interesting people.

I take the Robin Wood with me everywhere, because I tend to end up giving readings to people when I got out, and the Robin Wood is a bit battered and well-loved, which I think makes the querent more comfortable in your quality as a reader. I'm also not afraid of spilling beer on this deck, laying it on dirty tables, or reading with it on the grass: it's already worn and a bit dirty!

I read frequently with other decks, but the Robin Wood is my best friend. :D

Kiama