The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom

EyeAmEye

Greetings All,
In my various creative endeavors, I thought what would be a perfect homage to man's brilliance more than an oracle deck!

And thus, The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom was born. From ancient man to the urban streets of modern New York City, man has dispensed great wisdom and advice to his fellow man. However, in true human fashion, very few actually follow their own advice.

The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom not only pays tribute to the sage in all of us, but also our great propensity to be utterly hypocritical in the process.

I'm currently in the final stages of creation. I'm looking at publishing through The Game Crafter and hopefully should be ready to go in about a month or so.

The deck will be 48 cards of inane advice, cliches, declarations and famous sayings. The twist of it is that the meaning of the card is the exact opposite of the meaning of the saying. In essence, The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom is like your BFF, who you can always count on to deliver you advice contrary to his/her own actions!

I plan on offering two different styles. A regular version and a special blackboard version. I am in the process of upgrading my account and will attach images as soon as possible!

EyeAmEye

Image samples!

Attachments

• I Paid My Dues.jpg
    I Paid My Dues.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Every Cloud BL.jpg
    Every Cloud BL.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 291
  • I Paid My Dues BL.jpg
    I Paid My Dues BL.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Every Cloud.jpg
    Every Cloud.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 273

Alta

Hi EyeAmEye,

I like your concept : From ancient man to the urban streets of modern New York City, man has dispensed great wisdom and advice to his fellow man. However, in true human fashion, very few actually follow their own advice.

The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom not only pays tribute to the sage in all of us, but also our great propensity to be utterly hypocritical in the process

The pictures you post are simple but then Morgan's Tarot (more of 60's vibe and not the same underlying concept) also had simple art. Gets your message across quickly. I get the idea of a quick blackboard sketch conveying a reaction to the 'advice'. :)

EyeAmEye

Hi EyeAmEye,

I like your concept : From ancient man to the urban streets of modern New York City, man has dispensed great wisdom and advice to his fellow man. However, in true human fashion, very few actually follow their own advice.

The Oracle of Profound Human Wisdom not only pays tribute to the sage in all of us, but also our great propensity to be utterly hypocritical in the process

The pictures you post are simple but then Morgan's Tarot (more of 60's vibe and not the same underlying concept) also had simple art. Gets your message across quickly. I get the idea of a quick blackboard sketch conveying a reaction to the 'advice'. :)

Thank you, Alta!

Morgan's Tarot was an influence :)

I can't take credit for the artwork, that belongs to my brother, but since my concept is humorous and sarcastic, I felt simple cartoony artwork would work best.

I tinkered with the idea of using a scroll at the bottom of each card with fancy titles but thought ultimately that the title should be as crude as the art itself.

It's a get my feet wet deck that I hope people can enjoy for a lighthearted read or two for themselves or friends.

HudsonGray

Just a question. On your Gamecrafter page it says 'Live Coach', shouldn't that be 'Life Coach'?