JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

RavenDarkWind

I'm sorry if this is not in the right category. This Friday, 4/4, the anime adaptation of the famous manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will return with a season based on the most famous part: Stardust Crusaders.

Some of you may be wondering: "what does this have to do with tarot?" Well, the main characters all have powers called "Stands". Each character's stand is named after one of the Major Arcana. The main character's is Star Platinum, his grandfather is Hermit Purple, and the villain's is The World. The meanings of each tarot card can fit in nicely with their Stand User's personality, such as Magician's Red, whose user, Muhammad Avdol, is the voice of reason.

If you like anime and/or love tarot, please give the series a try!

RavenDarkWind

The first episode is out, and it is amazing. Not a lot of Stands yet, but they'll come up soon.

RavenDarkWind

They've finally named Jotaro's stand in the show!

Star Platinum.

In the next episode, the band faces Tower of Grey, a destructive insectoid stand.

danieru_X

I used to live in Japan and know the manga was very very popular. Must take another look now. The Japanese are very fond of the tarot, I wish I had searched for some local decks when I lived there.