• Something not listed - but have posted about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want a tarot calendar for 2005

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Lists detail of the 2005 Melbourne Tarot Conference

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Major Tom

I'm starting to put together the 2005 edition of the Tarot Lovers' Calendar and I'd like to know something about the kind of calendar you would like to own.

You may chose more than one option from the above list.

If you have some work you'd like to see printed in the calendar please send me an email.

If you have knowledge or insight into the printing or distribution of calendars please email me.

And finally, if you'd like to make an advance order, particularly in quanity, please email me.

Thanking you in advance.

Mimers

Oh, I would so love a Tarot Datebook! I have one for this year called WeMoon and it has a theme of Power. It is the perfect size for my purse. It is a lot more than a date book, and I would love to see something like this with a Tarot theme. It is a week on every 2 pages with a short article, poem or artwork on each page. Between each month, there is a little more detail.

I know this would be more work, and I would gladly help you gather interesting things and gain appropriate permission from people.

Mimi

Ruby Red Slippers

I second Mimers! We woman of the world "carry" our date books.....so must be small enough for a handbag.

The theme could be, a card synopsis or affirmation for each week/day/month.

It would be great to have a card of the day, major of the week, spread of the month, with repeats or numerology or astrology to fill in.

I know it would be more work, but I, too, feel it would be worth it! It would also make a great gift to give someone, who knew nothing about Tarot, because it would make "some sense" to them.

Please consider, Major Tom! Pretty P-l-e-a-s-e :D

Majecot

I am thirding a date book!! I would love to have a Tarot Date book, with hints and spreads and pictures, places for notes... a refillable one would be great :D

firemaiden

It would be fun to have a date book. I enjoy having something with art work from all the aeclectic people. It gives the place something to make it tangible, make it live beyond the cyber world.

I love to see essays and artwork of my aeclectic friends, and would like to contribute too.

lunalafey

Datebooks are great!
but I voted Moon phases- but I would also like to see other planetary movements, like when a planet goes into another sign, or retrograde, as well as any major aspects the planets make {excluding the moon, for it moves so fast, it's always making aspects- the slower planets/aspects have a longer, more notable influence upon the world.

now about that datebook everyone is wanting. I have Tom's calendar, it is very pretty and of good quality. To have a date book made just like the calendar {about 12 pages} would probably cost a little more to produce, therefore cost more to purchase. So a date book that has over 50 pages {weekly rather than monthly} would cost considerably more.
I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble- having been the offspring of a printshop owner, I know a little bit about these things. One way to cut the cost on a datebook, sadly, it would be
the absence of color.
Regardless, if they where made, I would buy one- even though I have my trusted astrological datebook that I order every year.

skytwig

Datebooks are Grand!!!!!

Also love the idea of spreads and moon phases.

Important Tarot dates would be fun too..... birthdays/deathdays of Tarot creators/artists; historical dates; etc

Mimers

Luna,

The datebook I bought only costs $17 USD and it is 240 pages! It has a lot of artwork printed in it in color. Ours doesnt have to be nearly as big, but can be just as clever. I would also be willing to get a few orders for local shops in my area (of course, that would stand no matter what Major Tom decides to print). I really don't know much about the costs, but I think it can be done and could be sold in shops like the one I purchased? What do you think?

Mimi

kryztyna

Hi,
A date book YES PLEASE.
I'm with Ruby Red Slippers... small enough to fit in my handbag and Majecot's idea of refillable is a good one too.

jmd

...the wonderful divergence in the English language...

It wasn't until the responses in this thread and the original poll that I realised that a 'datebook' is none other than what we refer to as a diary! - and I thought a datebook was something I couldn't quite fathom :)

...And thanks for including that last item on the poll, Major Tom ;)