Understanding the Tarot Court

mysticalowl

I ditto that :)

OakDragon

My copy should be coming from Amazon in the next few days! :)

Kissa

hi lark!

great review! you are now officially responsible for me ordering this book ... })

i have problems with court cards and it seems that this book is just what i need!

enjoy your reading!

kissa

lark

Well Kissa, it has been said that I could sell tarot cards to Billy Graham.
So it is no wonder you have fallen under my spell... })

Enjoy your new book!

mercenary30

The Tarot Court Cards

This one is by Kate Warwick-Smith.

I thought it would be interesting to see how these two books compare........

I would say that the Court Cards are surely my weakest link in Tarot. So maybe a couple books will straighten me out!!! :)

lark

Re: The Tarot Court Cards

mercenary30 said:
This one is by Kate Warwick-Smith.

I thought it would be interesting to see how these two books compare........

I would say that the Court Cards are surely my weakest link in Tarot. So maybe a couple books will straighten me out!!! :)
I have that one too.
It's my main court book because her way of seeing the court is the system I've adapted to my readings.
Mary Greers new book has the info in Kate's book plus every other system of looking at them that you can imagine.

OK, I'm going to say something here that not everyone will agree with but it's just what I had to do to get on with the court cards.

I had to chose one system and stick with it.
For me it's the Kate Warwick-Smith system.

I have four key words for each card and so far they have never failed to show me what the card is trying to say.

But I bought Mary Greers book anyway because I'm always open to learn new things.
And with the courts every little bit helps.

I hope after some of you read the book you'll tell us what system you've found the most helpful for you.

OakDragon

I just got word that my copy from Amazon is delayed, possibly a couple of weeks! :(

Astraea

Re: Re: The Tarot Court Cards

lark said:
Lark, early on someone told me that the only way to understand the courts is to do just that -- pick a system and stay with it. It's the persistence, practice, and consistency that eventually enables the courts to speak. So congratulations on having found the way that works for you!

lark

Re: Re: Re: The Tarot Court Cards

Astraea said:
Lark, early on someone told me that the only way to understand the courts is to do just that -- pick a system and stay with it. It's the persistence, practice, and consistency that eventually enables the courts to speak. So congratulations on having found the way that works for you!
Thank you Astraea.
It sure was a relief to me to see them simply.
And not be intimidated when one turned up in a spread.

lunakasha

Re: Re: The Tarot Court Cards

lark said:
IOK, I'm going to say something here that not everyone will agree with but it's just what I had to do to get on with the court cards.

For me it's the Kate Warwick-Smith system.

I have four key words for each card and so far they have never failed to show me what the card is trying to say.

Hey Lark!

Now I am curious...would you care to share any of your keywords with us??? Or maybe send me a PM???

Since I don't have either court book (yet) I could use all the help I can get!!!! :p

Thanks!
:) Luna