Tarot in Film

JMI_Tarot

The 1962 Agnes Varda film, Cleo from 5 to 7, opens with its title sequence over a Tarot reading.

It's one of my favorite films. Its beautifully shot, strange and human. But this opening between these two women in a Tarot reading is one of the great title sequences of all time.

Watch the opening scene HERE

Does anyone else know of any film or TV show with a tarot scene in it?

feminine_mystique

Yes there's a movie called now and then. They go see this lady and that's the first time I ever saw tarot cards lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Zephyros

The Red Violin is usually cited as the poster-boy film for Tarot, as the whole film is basically the unfolding of a reading.

JMI_Tarot

I just IMDB'd Now and Then. And watched the clip. It looks really good. So many actors all so young here, just little girls really. Christina Ritchie, Gaby Hoffman, Thora Birch ....

JMI_Tarot

The Red Violin is usually cited as the poster-boy film for Tarot, as the whole film is basically the unfolding of a reading.

That looks like a beautiful film too. I'm gonna be busy this weekend.

feminine_mystique

I just IMDB'd Now and Then. And watched the clip. It looks really good. So many actors all so young here, just little girls really. Christina Ritchie, Gaby Hoffman, Thora Birch ....
It's such a good movie. Has demi moore, rita wilson, melanie griffith and rosie o'donnel as well as their adult counterparts. Such a good movie about girls growing up into women.

Emeraud

Sorry for the initial empty reply. I wish I could see the Cleo from 5-7scene but YouTube won't give me access to it from my location :-( I like these movie suggestions, thanks for sharing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMI_Tarot

Sorry for the initial empty reply. I wish I could see the Cleo from 5-7scene but YouTube won't give me access to it from my location :-

You might be able to see this one:
Cleo Clip
It's shorter than the youtube clip, but you'll get the idea.

Tanga

Somewhere in the series of 'Penny Dreadful' - :) Lol - that's helpful isn't it?
I'd have to watch through the whole thing again to tell you exactly where she reads her cards :rolleyes:
(you can buy the TV series Tarot deck. I thought they were dreadful. :joke: - but maybe "quirky" is better.).

The last episode of the 4th series of 'Endeavour' (the 'Inspector Morse' prequel) apparently had a really good portrayal of a Tarot reader. I missed it! Lol.
At some point I'll bump into that episode again...