Readings for the curious/skeptical

Kuroga

When I started, I did a lot of 'skeptic' readings. My teacher voluntarily pushed me to do it, I think her idea was that I would get enough readings wrong to be motivated and study more.
This did not happen :)

I disagree in general with what has been said, I have not found these readings to be so unpleasant and difficult. Of course, I can remember a couple of times when the person was not collaborative at all. When I see this happening, I let the other person know that I'm getting upset and that I will stop the reading if he or she does not collaborate a bit. Sometimes this works, sometimes the reading stops there.

Sometimes there are people who I really want to read, and they happen to be skeptic. This was the case of a friend's friend I met at a house party at my house couple of weeks ago. I chatted to her, and I really felt I wanted to do a reading. She was skeptical , but also a bit tipsy I think. The reading lasted more than a hour, and she is coming in tomorrow to get a new one.

I am not interested in 'converting' people to tarot, but I feel that sometimes the problem is not the skeptic, it is the reader. If we know the other person is not 'a believer' sometimes we start the reading with a feeling that it is not going to work. I think many 'skeptical' can be spiritually and emotionally more open then 'believers', and often tarot works despite them not believing. I think the deck is like a magnifier to make infinitesimal things bigger. More than on the objects you are trying to magnify, sometimes the final risult depends on the way you are handling the lens.

¨Peace,

Kuroga