5th element?

Curtis Penfold

What is the 5th element? What are its symbols?

nisaba

I personally think there should be - what - 93 elements? It's make for an unshufflably thick deck, though <grin>.

Nah, the fifth element is Spirit (Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Spirit), and its symbols are the Major Arcana.

firecatpickles

Nisaba is right, the fifth element is Spirit or Ether...

Guiding Cauldron

Some also symbolize the fifth element with a thousand petaled Lotus flower.

Curtis Penfold

nisaba said:
I personally think there should be - what - 93 elements? It's make for an unshufflably thick deck, though <grin>.

Nah, the fifth element is Spirit (Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Spirit), and its symbols are the Major Arcana.

Of course!

Gosh, that makes so much sense. Is there a source for that? Is it a Golden Dawn thing?

Are there any other specific symbols? I mean, the Major Arcana has symbols for all four elements. Which specific symbols were designed to represent spirit.

Guilding Cauldron, the thousand petaled lotus? Is that a reference to the Hindu creation?

Curtis Penfold

bodhran said:
Curtis, have you seen the Fifth Tarot?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fifth/

No I haven't, but this is really interesting. Really pretty, and in my opinion, rather deep.

In my personal opinion as a spiritual poet, I feel that SPIRITUALITY can be found in the connections we make between the outside world and ourselves. Somebody who sees things with a spiritual eye is somebody who sees connections, especially connections that can better our lives.

So the fifth element can be the connection all the elements have with one another. Would I be wrong in interpreting it this way?

Also, what are the symbols the Fifth Tarot uses for it's fifth suit?

Guiding Cauldron

I have the 5th Tarot and I find it very deep and great for inner working and healing spiritualy, and emotionaly.

The 5th suit/or suit for Divine Spirit is Lotus :)

Curtis Penfold

Guiding Cauldron said:
I have the 5th Tarot and I find it very deep and great for inner working and healing spiritualy, and emotionaly.

The 5th suit/or suit for Divine Spirit is Lotus :)

Makes a lot of sense, since the Lotus is a symbol of creating, of becoming aware, of making new things, something that is very unique to the fifth element.

Here's Brahma, the creator god, on the Divine Lotus:

http://www.artoflegendindia.com/images/images_big/pbaaf001_brahma_the_creator.jpg

He was the first thing that was. Very interesting to make that reference to Spirit...or maybe Consciousness.