8 of cups surrounded by positive cards?

serious black

I just met someone I never thought I would meet and it was like a lovely fairytale... And my lifes been in a coma pretty much before this person... So I'm up and moving around again geez... But we don't live in the same country and I'm really bad at this two of cups stuff. Plus Im a hermit, just a bit... This person did contact me but I'm afraid my inability to show affection may have thrown him off... So... I did a 5 card reading for how he would feel if I contacted him and it's always really good cards with the 8 of cups in the desires position ( card 2)... I can't figure out how that works... My brain is foggy on this one... I've asked more than once and I get the same cards again...
I need an outside opinion on this one... I'm a bit dense when it comes to my own readings...

So here's the cards for how he would feel if I contact him: (interpretations from the celestial deck)
Card one (Present): 10 of pentacles - reveals that mystery that underneath this moment lay the seeds of the furture....
Card two (desires): 8 of cups - sacrificing defensiveness....
Card three (unexpected): Temperance - balance is required as there are conflicting forces drawing the individual in opposite directions...
Card four (furture): the Hierophant - signals a desire todirect our passions towards self knowledge while remaining grounded in the world...
Card five(over all): The World - this card augurs a time when the soul is evident in the world and not split off from it....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

YDM42

Taking those emotions to another level, or going after what is missing emotionally, rising to or heediing the emotional call.

serious black

oh dear!

Thankyou for the information! I'm hoping that mod moves it for me because I can't see a whole lot of what I'm doing with this phone! Ill make a mental note for the future! And thanks for the welcome! And also thanks for the interpretation! Certainly the emotions are all over the place at the moment.... bah! Anything helps! :D

Alta

So here's the cards for how he would feel if I contact him: (interpretations from the celestial deck)
Card one (Present): 10 of pentacles - reveals that mystery that underneath this moment lay the seeds of the future....
Card two (desires): 8 of cups - sacrificing defensiveness....
Card three (unexpected): Temperance - balance is required as there are conflicting forces drawing the individual in opposite directions...
Card four (future): the Hierophant - signals a desire to direct our passions towards self knowledge while remaining grounded in the world...
Card five(over all): The World - this card augurs a time when the soul is evident in the world and not split off from it....

I would take 'the Present' then as the time after which you made contact, given your question. He feels safe, not threatened by you. Which is good, feeling that the other person would be an upsetting influence has derailed many new relationships. Also I think it means that he takes you as being similar to him in important ways.

For Desires on being contacted, clearly he wants to leave something behind, wants a fresh start.

For the Unexpected, I think that both this card and the other two say that he does not want anything to be unexpected, he really craves normalcy. Just be yourself, it seems that he appreciates that.

For the future and the the overall cards, you two do have worlds to explore together. The reading is without fireworks but with lots of promise if you slow.

Alta

starrystarrynight

How well do you know this person? It might be that by drawing a prominence of trumps, as you did for this spread, that you have a lot to learn about him and his situation that will prove to be enlightening.

I ask that because my feeling on the first two cards is that he currently is involved in a sturdy physical-plane/family situation (10 of Pentacles) that he may wish to walk away from (8 of Cups); however, this traditional family is important to him and will keep him "stuck" there (Hierophant.) The inappropriateness or impulsiveness shown by him contacting you is what is "Unexpected" given his situation (Temperance*.) The World (as Outcome) is often seen as a situation coming full circle and ending, so that may be what can be expected here, unfortunately. You may explore things together for awhile; however, much of the contributing energy to this situation is out of your hands (and his.) He will open doors for you that will eventually widen your horizons, though, and the World can also be about travel...so that may be in your (or his) future, as well.

*Temperance is the only active-energy card drawn, and it isn't well-dignified (with its proximity to the Cup card.) That makes me think that the normal self-restraint of a person such as this man is being challenged and that the "blending" of your two differences of cultures, hopes, and expectations will not come easy, if at all.

This is just my interpretation of the cards you drew...how I would have read them if I had drawn them for you. Your intuition and your relationship with your deck may lead you to a different conclusion, though...so please take mine with that in mind.

serious black

Since I'm such a hermit I never thought of travel much but since he crossed my path I'm really aching for some new experiences so... maybe that was the whole reason behind it... it would go with the idea of opening up my world and broadening my horizons... wow! Again thanks for all the responses! I'm still meditating on this... freaking hermit.... :D

willowfox

Nothing wrong with the 8 cups as he's hoping that you will be the answer to what he's looking for. That's his desire.

re-pete-a

This situation will have you arriving at the World card where you will need to decide your next step. Unlike the previous situations where you become disenchanted and turn away. A self sabotage at the emotional level.
Your habit of being a Hermit is associated with your unwillingness to share,especially concerning monies. Cupid has seen fit to ruffle your feathers to get you back into walking in the unknown where the adventures are.

Ain't it grand ! Your not soul dead like you thought your were.

Enjoy.

serious black

It is very true that for the majority of my life I had a hard time really seeing people in the two of cups light so even if its just a moment, it is great to be jolted out of my realm. So what the heck... nothing ventured and nothing gained... ill go ahead and do it. Thanks again and again for the feed back! It is great to have joined this forum! I've been meditating on this for years but ummmm hermit.... :D

Aladdin

Temperance can often relate to long distance travel and in this case is likely to draw you closer together.