Renee or Donaldson?

temperlyne

I'm thinking of using my cards in spellcasting, or at least to guide my visualisations during spells. But I'm wondering which is the better book to use?

Tarot Spells by Janina Renee or
Tarot Spellcaster by Terry Donaldson

Has anyone have experience with one or both of these?
I have to order them so I'm not able to browse before I make the purchase.
Any objective info would be appreciated.

Maan

Wel i don't have the book from Terry Donaldson but i have the book of Renee.
She is good!!!!!Although in my opinion this is not here best book. It explains the spells and here reason behind the cards she pict so you can follow here lead and creat your own spells

Love and light
Maan

Laurel

Tarot Spellcaster seems to be a rather new book. Here's a review I found on it
http://www.tarotpassages.com/spellcaster-mj.htm

Tarot Spells *and* Tarot Spellcaster are both available used from Half.Com; depending on where you live you could probably get both shipped to you at the "used" price for the same as buying one brand new.

Tarot Spellcaster seems to have more substance and discuss a lot of magical theory that's evolved since the days Tarot Spells was first published. But Tarot Spells is a "proven" text in the sense that many have used it successfully and its an easy read.

Laurel

jlbvt

I have both, and I like Janina Renee's book better. She has more specific spells, and they rely on meditation on a few cards in a pattern. She reccomends using colored candles, flowers, colored altercloths, and sometimes symbolic items like a cup of water or a small knife, etc. All her spells have a positive note, even the ones to get people to stop bothering you or to work out major differences between people. You can do any of the spells without anything but the cards if you want to, and I find they still work that way. I find her visual meditations on the cards are really helpful for learning the cards, if you are a tarot novice.

The Donaldson book has less spells, and most of them are based on one card from the Major Arcana. He places more importance on the symbolic items, and reccomends a lot of (wiccan?) ritual stuff before starting the spell. I find that it requires more time than I have. I have only used one of his spells, for something that was really important to me, so I went for the whole ritual and everything, and It did work.

I hope that helps!

aeonx

I only have Renee's book, and I am satisfied so far, even if I havent' used it that much. But what the heck! Buy both! :D })

~aeonx~

Khatruman

Have the Tarot Spells

I have the Tarot Spells book and am willing to trade it if you are interested. I realized I am not enough into spell casting.

PM me, let me know

Peace!

cuddles

what about Everyday Tarot Magic: Meditation & Spells by Dorothy Morrison? anyone know anything about that one?